What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Finals-2024

BLM01

First Grade
Thank fu** the JWH lovefest is over. Another week and it would have done my head in. To the Super choke coach with the best roster, the rugby league world feels your pain - not.
Yep the commentary of today is so over the top sensationalism of their faves.
Compare his leaving the game V the low key of Keary and retirement of Finucane
They speak of him as the best prop to ever play for the Roosters but they forget easily ones before them, couple of greats spring to mind
The media have got such selective short memories when putting some of these players on a pedestal
show a bit more humility and stop trying to sell them to the supporters
Congrats YES reaching 300 for a prop..but I will still remember him as not the hardest to play but a grubby player who walked a fine line and started to raise his forearm unnecessarily and that part should of been rubbed out of his game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mundine scored 15 tries in 1999 by backing his ability. If he didn't do that in the preliminary final against the sharks by scoring 3 great tries, we wouldn't have made the GF. He took it on and it was a freak arm by their rookie winger that knocked the ball free as Mundine was in the process of scoring. If he passes to Ainscough, there may have been a dropped ball. Nothing is guaranteed and Mundine was awesome that season. No Mundine, no GF. Simples.
Buddy I am not going against your assessment of Mundine’s tremendous skills as what you have said is certainly true .

If Mundine had not played as well as he did the previous week then there would had been no grand final for the Red & Whites .

However they did make the G.F. thanks to the efforts of not only Mundine but his teammates throughout the course of the season - not only the final .

Once in the big game , pass efforts are forgotten , you only concentrate on the present game , as you wish to hold the premiership shield aloft with your teammates at games end .

For as great were the tries of Mundine the week before , they counted for nothing in the Grand Final . However his mistake did , in my opinion .

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Buddy I am not going against your assessment of Mundine’s tremendous skills as what you have said is certainly true .

If Mundine had not played as well as he did the previous week then there would had been no grand final for the Red & Whites .

However they did make the G.F. thanks to the efforts of not only Mundine but his teammates throughout the course of the season - not only the final .

Once in the big game , pass efforts are forgotten , you only concentrate on the present game , as you wish to hold the premiership shield aloft with your teammates at games end .

For as great were the tries of Mundine the week before , they counted for nothing in the Grand Final . However his mistake did , in my opinion .
Was always taught, you go for the try in those types of scenario's, if he passed and it was dropped, we would be arguing that he should have gone for it, its a no win situation for him cause in the end the ball was spilled,but we should have been good enough to win that game, there where other moments in the game which were pivotal as well, anyway can't do shit about it now..

Dragon David

First Grade
The last two teams will be fighting it out tonight to see who will be playing the Storm on grand final day. I am thinking that with all the talk on Braydon Trindall after his game against the Cowboys last weekend with his value now and where he could be heading will all come to a full stop after tonight when the Panthers shuts him out and he comes crashing back down to earth.

Latest posts