What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Finals-2024

blacksafake

First Grade
The Panthers haven’t been on song for most of the year but they just get it done regardless which is to be admired.
I think Storm are slight favourites but while Cleary is there even though injured gives them a red hot chance.
He’s too clever & never panics.
I’m thinking Storm in a close one but sort of hoping for a Panthers victory.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Just thought of something. The panfers remind me of the dragons between 2009 to halfway through 2011. A team full of gun juniors playing together for years. I reckon if the dumb merkins at the dragons had given Bennett 4 years (as he had asked) or extended his contract earlier, the team would’ve stayed together and would have won a few more titles…ok…rant over

56to66

Juniors
Just thought of something. The panfers remind me of the dragons between 2009 to halfway through 2011. A team full of gun juniors playing together for years. I reckon if the dumb merkins at the dragons had given Bennett 4 years (as he had asked) or extended his contract earlier, the team would’ve stayed together and would have won a few more titles…ok…rant over
Adding, I believe the players lost it mentally halfway through 2011, when he announced he was leaving, it cost us any chance of possibly going back to back.
St George were leading the comp comfortably, then capitulated, after his announcement.

BLM01

First Grade
Adding, I believe the players lost it mentally halfway through 2011, when he announced he was leaving, it cost us any chance of possibly going back to back.
St George were leading the comp comfortably, then capitulated, after his announcement.
It was not the announcement as that came near the start of the season, they capitulated the 2nd half amidst origin and when one? betting agency announced they would pay out on people that had placed a bet for Dragons to be Minor Premiers.

"St George went ten games undefeated to start the season and back to back titles, looked a fait accompli, so much a betting agency paid out on them winning the minor premiership."

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
It was not the announcement as that came near the start of the season Round 3 or similar, they capitulated the 2nd half amidst origin and when one? betting agency announced they would pay out on people that had placed a bet for Dragons to be Minor Premiers.

"St George went ten games undefeated to start the season and back to back titles, looked a fait accompli, so much a betting agency paid out on them winning the minor premiership."
Let it go, let it go !

BLM01

First Grade
Let it go, let it go !
I cant. I was so peeved off at the time it still irks me today. never before..never again
It is just something that stuck with me as never happened before especially. It was a betting agency's curse. Talk about a betting agency having an influence on an outcome..indirectly..of course
I could see every team we come up against after that with that article on the wall.

Gareth67

First Grade
Happy for Storm to take this one out. Take the Panthers streak back to zero.
They looked lost last gf until Cleary turned it on. If anyone can topple them it’s the Storm. They can take the trophy to Melbourne for another year for all I care.
Yes I agree with you St.George Dragon , in fact I wonder if they - the Storm - will be starting as slight favourites ?

Penrith cannot give the Storm the same latitude as they did with Cronulla , otherwise it will be all over before the halftime break .

NOTE ! After only now just reading Blackasake’s post of earlier in the day I now realize that the Storm are favourites .

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yep. I remember it clearly. And half of them signed with Newcastle so they didn’t care about playing for the dragons anymore

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yes I agree with you St.George Dragon , in fact I wonder if they - the Storm - will be starting as slight favourites ?

Penrith cannot give the Storm the same latitude as they did with Cronulla , otherwise it will be all over before the halftime break .

NOTE ! After only now just reading Blackasake’s post of earlier in the day I now realize that the Storm are favourites .
How the hell did the dragons beat the Storm…in Mexico of all places

Gareth67

First Grade
How the hell did the dragons beat the Storm…in Mexico of all places
Buddy language , please! Of all days on the Sabbath !

I believe that most supporters would agree that was one of , if not the best performances that the Big Red V has turned in many a year .

Mexico , Melbourne pretty much the same , only difference is that one is rather hot ( and you would need to leave your wallet at the hotel ) and the other would freeze the bolls of a brass monkey . 😳

Nevertheless the win over the Storm gave the fans hope that the boys could finish the season on a high , but . . .

Last edited:

Latest posts