What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

undertaker

Coach
aren't they both going to perform at the GF as part of their entertainment?

Oh, PLEASE......don't tell me that's true. Out of all the underrated, unrecognised musical talent we have in this country, The Footy Show, year after year, always gets either rejects, washed-up has beens from over two decades ago, or people who simply cannot sing altogether. They obviously love trying to aim low. The average musician I've heard at uni sounds much better than most of these overexposed, overrated hacks; they simply just don't get given the opportunities.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
That's Barnesy's daughter.

I sat next to her on a flight from Brissy to Tvl aboout 9 years ago, as I got on the flight i noticed Barnesy in business class and then dutifully took my position in cattle class. Got talking to her and dropped the 'oh did you see Jimmy Barnes up the front??? God i hate his music!!! So what do you do?'

'I'm a back up singer for Jimmy Barnes's band, he's also my old man'...........

Let's just say it was a very quiet and uncomfortable 1.5 hours to NQ.........

undertaker

Coach
I sat next to her on a flight from Brissy to Tvl aboout 9 years ago, as I got on the flight i noticed Barnesy in business class and then dutifully took my position in cattle class. Got talking to her and dropped the 'oh did you see Jimmy Barnes up the front??? God i hate his music!!! So what do you do?'

:lol::lol::lol::lol:That's gold! I'll give you credit for speaking how you really felt. Too many ppl pander to this PC nonsense and are scared of speaking out of fear of upsetting a FAMOUS person. Need to listen to that George Carlin routine again

This is the first time I have been home on a Thursday in a while, I was excited to watch the footy show, didn't know they changed the time to 8:30. :(

Is the Script performing at the grand final too ?

They are performing Hall of Fame during the tribute to the retiring players, not sure if they are doing anything else.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

:lol: Jimmy sits in Business but his daughter gets consigned to economy.
I knew his son David f**king Campbell unfortunately. The most arrogant c**k gobbler you'll ever like to meet. I'm not a violent man but the day he got his head smacked in for calling a Maori guy a degoratory name remains a highlight if my teenage years.

reanimate

Bench
In that AFL bit, the AFL player showing them what to do when kicking goals kicked a behind (with all the time in the world, trust) and all the ex-RL players, bar Brohman, put it straight through the middle. :lol::lol:

seanoff

Juniors
:lol: Jimmy sits in Business but his daughter gets consigned to economy.
I knew his son David f**king Campbell unfortunately. The most arrogant c**k gobbler you'll ever like to meet. I'm not a violent man but the day he got his head smacked in for calling a Maori guy a degoratory name remains a highlight if my teenage years.

I used to work on concerts, Jimmy Barnes was easily the biggest Karmichael Hunt i ever had the displeasure to work with. obviously the son didn't fall too far from the tree.

Strangely those you think might be real divas were the best people, really polite and laid back and a pleasure to work with.

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
Shane.... Stop making an absolute tool of yourself and concentrate on playing first grade. Rolling out Dugan, fergs and Earl? That will bring the fans back...... F*** me