What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forgotten man....

Tiger05

First Grade
Looking thru the storm squad named and momo isn’t even in the 21. Is there any chance of getting him back for the rest of the season?
I really think he is the missing cog in our backline.

I think he is just an average first grader and our two current centres are miles ahead of him. I like him as a player but there is no way he is somehow the missing cog. He doesn't make our top team now and he doesn't make the top team at the Storm.

Grant on the other hand is the sort of player that we need.

The unknown

Juniors
I reckon it’s more of a case of Bellyache wanting him to nail down the Melbourne structure first. I’ll bet my left nut he plays consistent 1st grade within 3-4 weeks

Remember when paps was clearly the best fullback option for them last year but didn’t really get 80 mins until near the end of the year?

Maxxn99

Juniors
One thing I’m hoping for that he does get a start down there so it will give Madge a look at what our backline will look like next season. I honestly think we should try and offload Mbye as he takes up too much of our cap.

Fordy20

Juniors
I reckon it’s more of a case of Bellyache wanting him to nail down the Melbourne structure first. I’ll bet my left nut he plays consistent 1st grade within 3-4 weeks

Remember when paps was clearly the best fullback option for them last year but didn’t really get 80 mins until near the end of the year?

How accurate was this for a prediction? Momo to start against the Warriors

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2020/06/25/team-update---round-7-v-warriors/

gordsy

Juniors
This year would be the best year for us to release a bunch of young players like Momo, Talau, Madden etc to other clubs like the Storm, Roosters, Manly. Clubs that are run well with top coaches. They then bring that mentality back here and get rid of the losing culture we've had for far too long. Not like we're winning the comp this year.

Tigerm

First Grade
Saved my nut by a week, lol

legitimately speaking though it was always going to come. He’s much more talented than Lee, or the other bloke they had

I hope he tastes finals footy playing week in week out at storm then brings that back to us next year
If he does, do we consider swapping him for Harry?

simmo05

Bench
This year would be the best year for us to release a bunch of young players like Momo, Talau, Madden etc to other clubs like the Storm, Roosters, Manly. Clubs that are run well with top coaches. They then bring that mentality back here and get rid of the losing culture we've had for far too long. Not like we're winning the comp this year.
Momo came from the roosters

Fordy20

Juniors
Saved my nut by a week, lol

legitimately speaking though it was always going to come. He’s much more talented than Lee, or the other bloke they had

I hope he tastes finals footy playing week in week out at storm then brings that back to us next year

I'm glad Momo re-signed before he left. The worst result would be trading him for one year of Grant. The other bloke the Storm had was Marion Seve. He was in our system before he went to the Broncos and then to the Storm. I wonder if he's injured or just dropped?

The unknown

Juniors
I'm glad Momo re-signed before he left. The worst result would be trading him for one year of Grant. The other bloke the Storm had was Marion Seve. He was in our system before he went to the Broncos and then to the Storm. I wonder if he's injured or just dropped?

Seve falls under the Matt Groat, Jake Mullany category for me. Insanely talented as a junior but just can’t make the step up to grade

Btw - think it’s a form issue

The unknown

Juniors
Wasn’t there someone on here who thought mbye was better than him? Lmao

He looked better tonight in 1 game than mbye has all season

Fordy20

Juniors
Wasn’t there someone on here who thought mbye was better than him? Lmao

He looked better tonight in 1 game than mbye has all season

I thought he might be in for a rough night after he missed that tackle on Maumalo, but he recovered and turned around to score a try moments later. I also liked the kick Momo put in early for Hughes for Vunivalu's try in the second half. The way he linked up with Hughes, Papenhuyzen and Vunivalu made it look like he'd be doing it for years and those guys just gave the Warriors left edge no end of trouble.

I probably shouldn't get too carried away though, it was against the Warriors after all and they going through some rough stuff at the moment.