What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future Endeavors Have Begun

With Punk gone I don't hold a lot of hope for AEW to be an overall entertaining product. I am not much of a fan of the current "Junior Heavyweight" style which dominates Dynamite and Rampage, however TK and his millions are. While those dollars are there, AEW will be there. Punk and "his show" of Collision provided AEW programming that, for the most part, made sense and was less about moves and more about story and good wrestling. But will Collision and the rest of the AEW & ROH programming continue to be somewhat diverse or will they revert to being Dynamite but on different nights?

I also don't hold a lot of hope for those in the "Punk Camp" like FTR, Miro, Black, etc. Even being under contract, I can't see a future where they're used to their full potential in comparison to people like Cassidy, Jericho, and the EVP's.

Big Pete

Referee
With Punk gone I don't hold a lot of hope for AEW to be an overall entertaining product. I am not much of a fan of the current "Junior Heavyweight" style which dominates Dynamite and Rampage, however TK and his millions are. While those dollars are there, AEW will be there. Punk and "his show" of Collision provided AEW programming that, for the most part, made sense and was less about moves and more about story and good wrestling. But will Collision and the rest of the AEW & ROH programming continue to be somewhat diverse or will they revert to being Dynamite but on different nights?

I also don't hold a lot of hope for those in the "Punk Camp" like FTR, Miro, Black, etc. Even being under contract, I can't see a future where they're used to their full potential in comparison to people like Cassidy, Jericho, and the EVP's.
It never really got a chance to run any memorable angles but it was nice to see a different vision of AEW. It was a more cohesive show with a more consistent tone and pace that made it easier to stick around for the full two hours. Plus it was nice to take a break from Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Orange Cassidy etc. who are going to take up television time whether they deserve to or not.

I'm sure Danielson will have some matches that are worth watching but I can't help but feel this is going the exact same way as the original brandsplit. Where in a matter of months the WWE lost Stone Cold, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, The Rock kind of defeating the purpose of the split.

Even in terms of broadcasting, it appears Australia has drawn the short straw with Dynamite.

I think Punk comes with huge baggage. It’s pretty obvious the guy is very difficult to work with and wants things his way or the highway. He will put people over who he seems worthy but when it’s not his way he can get stroppy.

I see the comparisons to WWE after their 2002 exodus, however WWE had an incredible roster post buy out of WCW, losing top tier talent was a blow but the attitude era had an incredible mid card who were ready to step up. OVW under corny churned out new talent without issue. I think AEW could be in a bit of trouble, outside of Edge I don’t see how they replace Punk.

shiznit

Coach
It never really got a chance to run any memorable angles but it was nice to see a different vision of AEW. It was a more cohesive show with a more consistent tone and pace that made it easier to stick around for the full two hours. Plus it was nice to take a break from Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Orange Cassidy etc. who are going to take up television time whether they deserve to or not.

I'm sure Danielson will have some matches that are worth watching but I can't help but feel this is going the exact same way as the original brandsplit. Where in a matter of months the WWE lost Stone Cold, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, The Rock kind of defeating the purpose of the split.

Even in terms of broadcasting, it appears Australia has drawn the short straw with Dynamite.
I was hoping we were gonna get a Punk vs Switchblade feud at some point…

maybe it’s kiwi bias… especially considering I didn’t even know he existed 8-9 months ago… lol

But Jay White, Juice Robinson & The Guns are the best thing on that show IMO…

MRN

Juniors
Dana Brooke
Mace
Mansoor
Quincy Elliott
Shanky
Yuliya Leon
Dabba Kato
Bryson Montana
Kevin Ventura-Cortez
Daniel McArthur
Alexis Gray
Brooklyn Barlow
Ikemen Jiro

Last edited:
Dolph, Shelton and probably Elias would all be on big coin despite being barely used. Makes them prime targets for the budget cut. The first two are two you could see transitioning into backstage roles but both will probably get a job at AEW.

Vince McMahon has resigned again following some more horrific accusations. With the company no longer being his, I think this will be permanent.

___

Juniors
Dana Brooke
Mace
Mansoor
Quincy Elliott
Shanky
Yuliya Leon
Dabba Kato
Bryson Montana
Kevin Ventura-Cortez
Daniel McArthur
Alexis Gray
Brooklyn Barlow
Ikemen Jiro
Mainly nuffies, but man Alexis Gray has a mighty fine tooch :p

___

Juniors
Vince McMahon has resigned again following some more horrific accusations. With the company no longer being his, I think this will be permanent.
You'd think so, but this sly bastard is so cunning that he probably has a plan in place to get around it. Plus he's rich and in America. Rich people in America can simply pay for something to be swept under the rug.

You'd think so, but this sly bastard is so cunning that he probably has a plan in place to get around it. Plus he's rich and in America. Rich people in America can simply pay for something to be swept under the rug.
I think he’s done, he no longer owns the company and the people in charge want no part of him. Surprised me that people were shocked by this, he basically wrote his character to make out with bikini models younger than his daughter, it’s hardly shocking the dude is a creep.

Xia Li
Daniel Vidot
Jinder Mahal

All gone. Daniel Vidot - we all know him more for his football. Xia Li & Jinder have both been regular recipients of the famed 3 week pushes.

MRN

Juniors
Indus Sher - Veer and Sanga were added to the list.

As was Von Wagner.

Last edited:

Latest posts