What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The girls have gone stale

ozbash

Referee
the Player Girls are boring,, week in,week out its the same old sommersault,cartwheel and dull routine.

fraid i,m starting to wonder why they are there.

maybe we need a kapa haka group,,, mokos,poi,s and taiaha's...

scare the crap out of the opposition rather than send them to sleep.

i swear, the most exciting thing about those sheilas is waiting for one to fall over.....................

Lego_Man

First Grade
I dunno, i think can add to the arousal levels of players and fans, just what everybody needs to fire up before the game.

BTW great to see the return of the drums.

EJS

Juniors
Mate

they are way better than the Breaker cheergirls (Lame), and I went to the Ak-Lions game, and they are better than the Auckland - Union cheergirls

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't know anyone who thinks they are hot. Shockers for mine. Seem to have actually been picked on "dancing ability", which is pretty foolish. Attire is far too tasteful.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah I agree.

Topless? Should be. Good push up system would be a good start but.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
You're a pack of sexist b@stards & you all sicken me to my stomach.
Wonder if those tanks at the Mermaid bar are portable...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lol, this thread is funny... not too fussed either way myself, just glad the drums are back, they really make a difference I reckon.

ThrashViking

Juniors
I wouldnt kick them out of the bed if they farted.
Dont really care about dancing ability, theyre just good eye candy.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
"maybe we need a kapa haka group,,, mokos,poi,s and taiaha's...

scare the crap out of the opposition rather than send them to sleep."

That would send me to sleep first....

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ThrashViking said:
I wouldnt kick them out of the bed if they farted.
Dont really care about dancing ability, theyre just good eye candy.

But they're not, that's the point. I have the terrible feeling that they actually were picked on dancing ability.

AliN

Live Update Team
well from a female point of view compared to all you perving males....
they're nowhere near as good as they use to be.
Was looking around the crowd while they were performing the other night and hardly anyone was taking any notice of them.
My 8 yr old was singing to some boring song they were performing to. And I reckon that's the answer...
Get a decent song to dance to, incorporate the drums, and the crowd, to wind everyone up before the boys run out.

Iafeta

Referee
F*** the player girls, man, this club has got to get back more to its roots.

What made coming to Ericsson great? The drums. The fiery tunnel. No ar$ehole from across the ditch really wanted to come out to that atmosphere.

So what do you do? Hype them up more - Maori/Polynesian war dances, week in, week out. We don't have to Americanise/Australianise our club for christs sakes, we are the Warriors, we do things our way. I loved going back with the drums at Ericsson, bring it back man, bring it back - pre game show, Tem Morrison v Canberra style war dance. Man, that was the shiznit that night.

dazza

Staff member
why the hell do they play that song on the big screen too? some of the words are, " i am , you are, we are australian".

what the f***s going on with that!!!

also, i don`t know the rest of you guys thoughts, but that ray bishop has to go.
he is total & utter crap. can`t sing & can`t get the crowd hyped up either.

bring back the kiwi music. hello sailor, the finn bros. anyone but ray friggin bishop.

cheers dazza

Iafeta

Referee
Its the Telstra song I believe Dazza, Telstra Premiership.

Is it just me, or was Loyal a really great song to have at the footy? At the Warriors? Seems when we dropped that song, we dropped its sentiments too.

You're spot on Dazza, a bit of Dance Exponents, Muttonbirds, Crowded House, Dragon, Split Enz, Hello Sailor, Bic Runga, Dave Dobbyn, Swingers, Shihad, Che Fu, Crocodiles, Finn Brothers, Tim Finn, Neil Finn, Betchadupa, Herbs, Sharon O'Neill, Stellar, OMC, Feelers, Shona Laing, Mi Sex, Zed, Netherworld Dancing Toys, Strawpeople, Mockers, Supergroove - meh, I'd love to be at Ericsson with a New Zealand atmosphere, the drums, the pacific island/maori influence with hakas/wardances, instead of hearing I Am you are we are australian things like For Today by Netherworld Dancing Toys or Sensative to a Smile by Herbs. Ericsson was great, awesome - but it still felt a little bit Australianised in some ways. Which in turn is a try hard America. We have our own identity and should be proud to show it. If they did it right, it'd even make other Australians want to come to Ericsson to feel the atmosphere, because it wouldn't be the same droopy sh!t you get at every NRL ground week in week out.

ozbash

Referee
yeah and then the America's Cup folk decided, hey we like this song, we'll take it..
and that was the end of Loyal art Erricsson.

Bad move...

cheers,
Ali