What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2020/09/30/stats-that-matta-round-20-eels-defeat-tigers/

Here are some points to remember from season 2020:

• We finished higher than last years premiers and grand finalists.
  • We didn’t concede 50 points in a match all season (or 40+ for that matter)
  • We were the only team all year to beat the Panthers
  • We beat 5 out of the 7 other top 8 teams
  • We get to have a home semi either next week or the week after

Eelementary

Post Whore
https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2020/09/30/stats-that-matta-round-20-eels-defeat-tigers/

Here are some points to remember from season 2020:

• We finished higher than last years premiers and grand finalists.
  • We didn’t concede 50 points in a match all season (or 40+ for that matter)
  • We were the only team all year to beat the Panthers
  • We beat 5 out of the 7 other top 8 teams
  • We get to have a home semi either next week or the week after

Another one:

We beat three out of the top 5 (it's technically 3 out of 4, because we can't beat ourselves!).

We beat the Raiders, Panthers, and Storm - the only top 5 team to beat us was the Roosters.

I know, I know - Storm were under-strength.

But still!

hindy111

Post Whore
We may of beaten some easier teams but we had some games they where up for....
Mary's last game, Benji and Lawrence last game, Warriors on a roll and eyeing a final birth.....
A bunch of games in the wet also.

strider

Post Whore
We may of beaten some easier teams but we had some games they where up for....
Mary's last game, Benji and Lawrence last game, Warriors on a roll and eyeing a final birth.....
A bunch of games in the wet also.
Tough draw

Not like those lucky bludging panthers who were touched on the dick with a silver spoon

emjaycee

Coach
Thanks Ricky and the Raiders.
We still have the record as the last team to win 3 in a row. A record that will last at least 40 years!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thanks Ricky and the Raiders.
We still have the record as the last team to win 3 in a row. A record that will last at least 40 years!!!
Yep. Great stuff. Now Storm will smash Pricky next week so we can smash those mongrel purple merkins in the GF and get revenge for 2009. Its all going to plan.

Gronk

Staff member
We knew from the start of the week that their forwards need to earn the right to go to the backs. Our D was relentless vs Storm when we beat them 14-0. Replicate that and get 50% of the ball and we're a shoe in.

I think I'll stay inside this thread for the rest of the day. Don't @ me.

lingard

Coach
Well given the three games since that post, the second Panthers game was an outlier much like the first. We completed above 80% and lost, and in fact completed above 85% and not only didn't score five tries, but didn't score any. However despite our high completion rate we only had 42% of the ball (our lowest of the year), which is the key statistic.

The Broncos game was business as usual.

Now I get it.

strider

Post Whore
Our edge defense held pretty damn well against a team that has lapped every team late this year

Good effort by a bunch of outside backs playing their first game together all year