What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Godfather

Pistol

Coach
I've got the Godfather Don's Edition. I've been wanting to play it again recently however when I put the disc into the PS3 console, it wont read it at all. Every other PS3 game I have works with it, just not that particular game. There doesnt appear to be many scratches on it, I've given it a clean and its made no difference. Any ideas?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
PS3 probably realizes what a disgrace to the movie that game is.

...Sorry. I have the Wii version myself, fun game but too much killing for it to be faithful to The Godfather. No Corleone would just barge into a warehouse and kill 50 men single-handedly ffs, they didn't roll like that!

Anyway, surface scratches are never a culprit with PS3 games; Blu-ray discs have a special coating on them because the discs without it were very suceptible to scratches (this was before release, so no it wouldn't effect your game). There's a video of a guy on Youtube taking steel wool to one and it still playing afterwards. Either you've got a very deep scratch on it, or there was just a problem with the manufacturing of that disc (unlikely if you've already played it though).

When you say won't read at all, do you mean the PS3 doesn't even know it's in there (ie. the disc icon doesn't show up in the XMB when you put the disc in) or does it recognise it but won't load when you click play?

Pistol

Coach
PS3 probably realizes what a disgrace to the movie that game is.

...Sorry. I have the Wii version myself, fun game but too much killing for it to be faithful to The Godfather. No Corleone would just barge into a warehouse and kill 50 men single-handedly ffs, they didn't roll like that!

Anyway, surface scratches are never a culprit with PS3 games; Blu-ray discs have a special coating on them because the discs without it were very suceptible to scratches (this was before release, so no it wouldn't effect your game). There's a video of a guy on Youtube taking steel wool to one and it still playing afterwards. Either you've got a very deep scratch on it, or there was just a problem with the manufacturing of that disc (unlikely if you've already played it though).

When you say won't read at all, do you mean the PS3 doesn't even know it's in there (ie. the disc icon doesn't show up in the XMB when you put the disc in) or does it recognise it but won't load when you click play?

pretty much. the disc goes in but nothing happens. wont even appear in the game menu in the interface.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Disc is f**ked then, you might try getting it cleaned at a video shop or something, if not then you'll have to get a replacement from the publisher.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Part 1 sucked ass. f**king boring as sh*t (they change the ending, they cut out most of the back stories, even the whole Fontane angle in Hollywood), part two however. Much much more interesting. Piece of sh*t movie. Anyone who disagrees is either a nuffy or hasn't read the book.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Part 1 sucked ass. f**king boring as sh*t (they change the ending, they cut out most of the back stories, even the whole Fontane angle in Hollywood), part two however. Much much more interesting. Piece of sh*t movie. Anyone who disagrees is either a nuffy or hasn't read the book.

:x

You should be banned for that post. The Godfather was a masterpiece.

...Honestly, I have tried to add to that last sentence 4 or 5 times, but I can't. There are just too many reasons why you're wrong and I don't like to rant at 10:30pm.

i hate f**kwits who think because they read the book they're on a higher level ... i'm not going to bother arguing but you're an idiot and commence giving yourself uppercuts and don't stop

tokerShark

Juniors
i can see where hes coming from, if i had read wiseguy before watching goodfellas i would of been a little disapointed with the changes in the story and characters, since i did it the other way i love em both, you have to take them on there own merit
But still very harsh to say it "sucked ass".

Latest posts