What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gold Goast Vikings

yankeeboy

Juniors
I think the QLD cup either needs to add a club or get rid of one. Brothers and/or Valleys would be the obvious choice.

The one thing I would do with the feeder club would be to use Burleigh for players from QLD and Seagulls for players from elsewhere.

imasharkie

Coach
DIEHARD said:
But you are also asking a club to surrender its identity. Tweed have been around for a very long time and Burleigh are a highly successful club.

It would be unfair to ask Burleigh and Tweed to be mere transit lounges for the Gold Coast NRL squad. It would create a lot of destablisation within the clubs.

In the absence of any ailing local clubs to take over, a new Gold Coast entry into the Queensland Cup may be the best answer. I think the region can support it.

Thoughts?
ok I agree one of the feeder clubs are out. but I also said in my previous post

I agree Diehard the coast should have their own 2nds team ala Clydesdales and young guns,

and thats what should happen as the club will need it to place younger players and players bought from other clubs to be used as 1st grade replacements. Surely the new club will get from the NRL a 2nd tier salary cap as other clubs have to blood new players and do they get an area to recruit from.

DIEHARD

----
hindy_fan said:
ive heard strong rumours that the team is going to be called the gold coast waves

:lol: :lol:

If that is true I will permanently change my username to WANKHARD. ;-)

yankeeboy

Juniors
hindy_fan said:
ive heard strong rumours that the team is going to be called the gold coast waves

You need to tell whoever is giving you this info that drugs destroy brain cells.

That name wan't even on the sh*t list of 20 proposed by Coast FM.

The only names I think will be considered will be Titans, Pirates/Corsairs, Suns, and Gladiators.

southsman

Juniors
I think the Gold Coast Waves as No 1 selection folllowed by the Pirates .

Or maybe the Gold Coast Lady Beatles.
Just Joking

ThrashViking

Juniors
Pirates damn you!
570_pirate_kitten_01.jpeg

Hi to all,

We are looking to source any photos of the GC Vikings back in the 1980s.
I'm at Local Studies Library / Southport and we are trying to find any team photographs that might be lurking in old albums, shoeboxes, cupboards, sheds, or the bottom of the filing cabinet in the clubhouse etc ;-)

Come to think of it...ANY of the GC league teams of the past we'd love copies of.

Cheers and thanks