What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The grandfinal "everyone wanted".

Is this the grandfinal you wanted?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

girvie

Staff member
Ricky Stuart said "It is the grand final everyone wanted".

I don't think so, i think most people would have prefered the Cowboys or Panthers or other teams in the grandfinal.

Is this the grandfinal you wanted?

Cammo

Bench
I'd have to say no only due to the fact that The Roosters were always going to be the toughest opposition we would have had to face in the GF.

Simon

Juniors
I wanted the Dragons in there. Couldn't care less who they play. I think this is the grand final Roosters and Dogs fans wanted. (only because their team is there, I don't think they'd care who they play either)

strong_latte

Juniors
I think it was more in reference to the fact that everyone thought it should have been Roosters V Dogs in 2002... I certainly didn't want it! The dogs lost to the Cowboys and shouldn't really be there after that IMO! If this was a soccer League and we lost this last match the roosters would still have lost the exact same amount of games as the doggies and we'd win the comp on for and against!

JTR

Juniors
With my team long gone, I'm happy to see the GF has ended up with these two teams playing.

Should be an great match - Go Dogs!

^ Pando

retired
Before the finals even started there were a heap of posts predicting a Bulldogs v Roosters Grand Final.

Now that it's a reality "everyone" is pissed off.

Get over yourselves. Your team wasn't good enough. Live with it, there's always next year.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Yes / No.

Yes, we are going to see the 2 best teams in this competition go one on one for the title with their head to head series this year locked at 1-1. Game 3 of the Dogs vs Roosters in 2004 is not being decided in the GF! It does not get much better Rugby League wise.

No, I am a Brisbane fan who wanted his team in the GF vs either the Dogs (which was more likely) or the Roosters, again, the top 2 teams in the competition. As is well documented, and rightfully so, we once again failed at the business end of the season and did not deserve the right to even contest for a spot in Sunday's game which NQ did.

Look forward to a potentially GREAT GF...let's hope Steve Price makes a minor miracle happen and plays in this game (unlikely given he is saying he won't be playing unless he is 100% which from my experience he unfortunately WILL NOT be) so as a minority out there as Rugby League fans do not pollute the boards offering up the injury to Price as an excuse if a win eventuated for Sydney City.

Misanthrope

Staff member
No. I dislike both sides. I'd have preferred any other combination over this one. Nothing to cheer next weekend.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The grand Final has been poorly dubbed the Grand Fianl everyone wants.
It is not.
It is the worst result for rugby league ever.

It should be dubbed " Evil vs Evil"

The enemy of my enemy is not my freind.

Two convicted salary cap rorting clubs.

Pantherjim.

Referee
F*ck No!

For F*ck's sake Stuart is a self indulgent wanker!

If it was: "The Grand Final everyone wanted" Why were the vast majority of League supporters in N.S.W. (all bar Roosters fans of course) cheering on the Cowboys on Sunday afternoon??

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Matt23

Staff member
I was watching the game at a pub in central Sydney yesterday, the roosters were soundly hissed at, booed in your home town, when your playing an "out of town" team.... ;-)

redVgirl

Juniors
yeh brett finch said on tele yesterday 'if ur not a roosters supporter then i guess ur a cowboys supporter today'. so true! everyone wanted the cowboys to win. bugger!