What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Great Webcke' Week

Parra Guru

Coach
I get goose bumps just thinking about when this bloke will retire. I know I'll get choked up and I'm not even a Brissy fan.

Had the pleasure of finally meeting him on Sunday, and he is as impressive off the field as he is on it.

We'll miss him gracing Parramatta Stadium. He is definately the best forward I've seen.

salivor

First Grade
Best forward I've ever seen. It'll be a sad moment as a Broncos fan to say goodbye to a bloke that epitomises everything I love about the club. I just hope that Webcke doesn't fade back into the country as League needs a bloke like him having influence on decision making.

When he walks towards where im sitting on sunday for the last time, im sure im going to get very choked up. Webcke is such a godamn legend, so many good Webcke memories, my 2nd all time favourite player behind Langer and in my eyes, the Greatest forward of all time. Love ya Webbers!

Im pretty sure he said he is going back to the country after retirement, although i may be wrong since he said that a while ago and since then hes done adverts and lots of TV work.

G_G

Juniors
One of the greatest I've ever seen. I'm sure he'll be as successfull off the field as he has been on it.

Martli

Coach
When I first started wathcing league Webcke was one guy who stood out to me and instantly became one of my all-time favourites (My favourite players are all props)

Comparing him to Asotasi isn't comparing apples with apples. Asotasi is still young with plenty ahead of him. Personally i'd rate Steve price as the best prop at the moment and asotasi will certainly be there one day, but when you consider that Webcke is 31 years old, i'd say he's doing a fantastic job. There is f**k all difference between those stats and so factoring in the wear and tear on Webcke's body, it's a wonder he's not in a wheelchair hahahahahaha.

A true champion of the game, sad to see the game lose another fan favourite.

RABK

Referee
Up there with Lazarus and Harragon as the three best props of the past 15 years.

innsaneink

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yeh it's not bad, it's crap.

As is your pathetic attempts at hijacking this thread.

I urge everyone to ignore this clown, and keep this thread for what it is, a tribute to a true legend of our game.

RABK

Referee
Atempted hijack? A negative comment on a video ain't a comment on Webcke. We're all supposed to love that video and give it 5/5 because it is about Webcke? Right.

Webcke is a legend of the game and still is the games premier forward.

Charlie124

First Grade
I hope someone puts together a highlights video showcacing his big hits and hard runs etc.

that video was a nice tribute but still pictures dont really do him justice. Nothing says "respect me" like putting your shoulder through someones chest.
Farewell Webcke, youll be missed by Rugby League fans, not just broncos.

yakstorm

First Grade
The one thing I've always admired about Webcke, is it doesn't matter whether its the first minute or the 80th minute, whether the Broncos/Queensland/Australia are leading by 40 or behind by 40, he still puts in the same effort, the power and same determination into every hit up and tackle.

In a game as hard and physically demanding as Rugby League you could understand if he dropped off in intensity, but he never has, even when he's been injuried, if he could carry on he would.

It will be a shame to lose Webcke from the game, I sincerly hope someone like Fox Sports or Channel 9 pick him up at least for his anaylsis and insight into the game. Unlike so many players, he is a very compontent and intelligent speaker and isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.