What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The I was wrong thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I will start this thread off with two players I was thoroughly wrong about.
Ravalawa and Macca.
Macca's pass selection is a game changer for us, his kicking game is beautiful.
Rava, boy was I wrong about him. His defence is getting better week by week, his ball handling has been flawless, under very difficult circumstances. He took some real rippers tonight.
I could also add Hunt but I wasn't wrong about him, he was shit, but Hook has him playing out of his skin.

6AGAIN

Juniors
I will start this thread off with two players I was thoroughly wrong about.
Ravalawa and Macca.
Macca's pass selection is a game changer for us, his kicking game is beautiful.
Rava, boy was I wrong about him. His defence is getting better week by week, his ball handling has been flawless, under very difficult circumstances. He took some real rippers tonight.
I could also add Hunt but I wasn't wrong about him, he was shit, but Hook has him playing out of his skin.

I too was anti Rava but have seen change this season.
Just goes to show that by ditching just one person ( McGregor ).... has given rise to many others.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Some people don't understand. McCullough to me was a mistake. I'm a Rava fan sorry. Total rough diamond but sometimes my mouth has my two feet stuffed down my throat when he takes a high ball. But ask Cherry you on mate.

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
Some people don't understand. McCullough to me was a mistake. I'm a Rava fan sorry. Total rough diamond but sometimes my mouth has my two feet stuffed down my throat when he takes a high ball. But ask Cherry you on mate.
Must disagree about McCullough. He more than anybody has transformed our team. Consistently good service from the ruck has allow the team to mount some flow and confidence with the ball in hand. Before McCullough, we were very clunky. He may be a poor man's Cameron Smith, but for mine, he is the single most important piece added to our jigsaw..... on so many levels.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Rava always had potential, he just needed a coach with some faith in him.

Hunt was always a quality player but just needed a coach to back him with a game plan.

Kerr, I thought was never going to handle defending on an edge but he is improving each week and I'm happy to see him develop...
He is another. People wrote him off very quick but in particular some of his defence tonight puts aside the no lateral movement critique that seems to get levelled at every forward that doesn't make origin in their first 3 years.

Dragsters

First Grade
He is another. People wrote him off very quick but in particular some of his defence tonight puts aside the no lateral movement critique that seems to get levelled at every forward that doesn't make origin in their first 3 years.

Not fully convinced yet and truth is it always has been a weakness for big Josh.

He is on the improve though so credit where its due.

His edge running is proving to be a real weapon of his though.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Yep, got Rava wrong to start with as he had poor hands and thought Macca would not be the right fit.
Happy to admit i got it wrong though.
Huge improvement from Rava under the high ball and Hook is changing things for the better as we knew he could do.

Dea

Juniors
the last few years I felt Rava was a bit too Island relaxed and didn’t put in the effort or energy that was required. But I’m loving Rava this year. Super safe with the bomb tonight, even under pressure. Strong runs. And his hit on DCE!!! The opposition are starting to look for him when they come down his side.

denis preston

First Grade
Rava always had potential, he just needed a coach with some faith in him.

Hunt was always a quality player but just needed a coach to back him with a game plan.

Kerr, I thought was never going to handle defending on an edge but he is improving each week and I'm happy to see him develop...

Yes, good game but due to his height sometimes misses tackles by players getting under & outside of him. Confident he will improve in this area as well , under Gentle.

redVinme

Juniors
Rava easily one of the form wingers in the comp this year.

Was a little too big last year I think but really mobile now and far superior decision making.

Absolute champagne on a beer budget