What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Really don't understand why we persist with Purtell when we have a young guy like Ryan Walker there.

Also why we persist with Fatiaki for now. I wanna see what Sene-Lafao has at this level of competition. We've seen that Fatiaki isn't really a gamebreaker but will be handy enough...lets see what JSL has.

I would have thought Gus would want to test out some young guys to see which he wants to retain and which ones he knows he can rely on in 2012 onwards.

Mick, assuming we at some point in the not to far distant future we are no longer a realist chance of making the eight then I would expect the two players mentioned by you will be given there chance in the top grade.

Ryan Walker has had a few injuries in his time with the club which was probably the main reason Shandor Earl got his chance first. I tend to think Ryan Walker may be a better all round player than Earl and could be up to the NRL. Not disimilar to a certain Michael Gordon whom many, myself included, didn't think was up to NRL standard when running around with the St Marys Cougars a few years back.

Likewise with Jesse. I am not convinced but I certainly agree there is only one way to find out and that is to throw him there and see what he can do.

We will know in a couple of weeks whether our finals chances are over and there will be opportunities then to blood the likes of the above.

franklin2323

Immortal
^^ Yeah. I think the same. It seems every 3 or 4 weeks he doesn't finish a game. Poor guy never bad rolled ankles etc. Jesse is struggling with a bicep injury & has played through the pain so isn't playing the best. Still I am not excepting the 4th benchy to get more then 20mins so it wouldn't matter who played.

Well Gould told Seijka he had to play for Windsor if he wanted to be re-signed. He wants to make sure they can handle NSW Cup as that's the next step before NRL. I like it. Windsor should be players on the cusp of 1st grade

Kilkenny

Coach
^^ Yeah. I think the same. It seems every 3 or 4 weeks he doesn't finish a game. Poor guy never bad rolled ankles etc. Jesse is struggling with a bicep injury & has played through the pain so isn't playing the best. Still I am not excepting the 4th benchy to get more then 20mins so it wouldn't matter who played.

Well Gould told Seijka he had to play for Windsor if he wanted to be re-signed. He wants to make sure they can handle NSW Cup as that's the next step before NRL. I like it. Windsor should be players on the cusp of 1st grade

Harry Seijka's career at the crossroads already. Hasn't quite delivered on his early promise from the Matthews days.

Fibroman

First Grade
All is not lost for Shandor. He'll still pull the sheilas without even trying even if he can't get a first grade gig somewhere.
Shandor could get a gig in Oxford St if a verile young man caught a glimpse of those pretty stars on that subtle thigh of his.

murraymob

Coach
one can only say its been one of those years
it appears Walsh has joined the injured list now.It at least could open the door for blake austin to get a few games under his beli going into next year;
If no one come off the injured list this week we will have out

1.Coote
2.Gordon
3.Tahu
4.earl
6.burns
7.walsh
13.Lewis

there is a lot of potential point scorers there..

Hench

Juniors
one can only say its been one of those years
it appears Walsh has joined the injured list now.It at least could open the door for blake austin to get a few games under his beli going into next year;
If no one come off the injured list this week we will have out

1.Coote
2.Gordon
3.Tahu
4.earl
6.burns
7.walsh
13.Lewis

there is a lot of potential point scorers there..

Is Lewis still out?

I have him in Supercoach. :x

maple_69

Bench
If Jennings is back in Windsor again we'll have our full strength backline out and what is probably 2 million dollars of our squad.

I'm kind of torn whether I want the 20s to be given a crack or if we should wait a week to see if they'll still be in contention for the NYC.

Then again. Siejka has proved with time he will be a first grade quality half, as has Walker, we might as well check on Austin and Sene-Lefao at least.

franklin2323

Immortal
Jennings, Coote, Burns & Lewis should be back. Cody Walker is great and give him a go

I would keep NYC full strength they have a finals spot in reach. A very hard game this week. Should they lose season over then blood some youngsters

Very unlucky with injuries. With a weak squad we needed an injury free run to be a chance we haven't had that

murraymob

Coach
Jennings, Coote, Burns & Lewis should be back. Cody Walker is great and give him a go

I would keep NYC full strength they have a finals spot in reach. A very hard game this week. Should they lose season over then blood some youngsters

Very unlucky with injuries. With a weak squad we needed an injury free run to be a chance we haven't had that

interesting dilema would you bring siejaka and austin back for hyc considering they are doing better with out them

franklin2323

Immortal
interesting dilema would you bring siejaka and austin back for hyc considering they are doing better with out them

If Coote & Burns are fine, They would be my halves. With Austin & Siejka in NYC their class is needed. Jennings went well at fullback for Windsor give him a run in NRL.

BOMAR

Juniors
Our 20's have had two great wins the last two weeks,but to say they are better without them is a bit rich. Have we only won two games all year?
Without trying to take anything away from their wins, we have still be on the wrong side of the missed tackle stats in both those games. With a team like the warriors they could make us seriously pay if we miss 45 odd tackles against them.

The OX

Juniors
Coote still had his ankle boot supporting his ankle Friday night at the game so I doubt we will see him play again this year.

And I heard Lewis is going under the knife for his shoulder so he is gooooone.

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO that means it's the perfect time for Moylan and Austin to make their debuts and finish the season off in first grade.

As much as I'd love to see Jenko at fullback, he's not going to be an option there next year as we'll need him in the centres. So why not give Moylan a run so if we find ourselves without Coote and Gordon he's atleast had a taste. Likewise Austin can get a run at either 5/8 or lock and also get a taste for next season.

I know Steve Georgallis has nothing to gain by blooding these guys. But it would be such a waste not to take the opportunity to give them a run when we have so many injuries and this season is over.

franklin2323

Immortal
IMO that means it's the perfect time for Moylan and Austin to make their debuts and finish the season off in first grade.

As much as I'd love to see Jenko at fullback, he's not going to be an option there next year as we'll need him in the centres. So why not give Moylan a run so if we find ourselves without Coote and Gordon he's atleast had a taste. Likewise Austin can get a run at either 5/8 or lock and also get a taste for next season.

I know Steve Georgallis has nothing to gain by blooding these guys. But it would be such a waste not to take the opportunity to give them a run when we have so many injuries and this season is over.

If the 20's lose this week. I would go down that path. If not they are still a chance of getting in to the finals.

kanga

Juniors
If the 20's lose this week. I would go down that path. If not they are still a chance of getting in to the finals.
I would have thought that getting ready for NRL was far more important than the 20's having a chance of winning the comp.

You cant have it both ways :-
You cant have it that the young guys have to wait for the NRL side to be out of the 8 to get a shot
Then say no you cant because the 20's have a chance of winning their comp.

I could be wrong as I cant think of a reason how 20's trump NRL.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

I would give Austin a run this season but I would like Moylan to spend time playing NSW cup before he gets a run in FG. Leave him in the NYC for the remainder of this season IMO, maybe give him a run in the trials.

Does anyone know the contract situations for:

Austin
Moylan
Watene-Zelzniak (sp?)
Santini
Pelassio
Tia Kalifi

Latest posts