The injuries thread.

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Well Being' started by Cliffhanger, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Mogsheen Jadwat

Mogsheen Jadwat Juniors

Its the closest thing you'll get to getting a deep tissue which, stopping short of going to a sports scientist and seeing if you're weak or unbalanced in certain muscle areas/fibres, is the only thing thatll loosen that area up.

Can't fight genetics but can make it easier. I have horribly tight hip flexors that I just have to work at constantly.

2. crewley

crewley Juniors

Would a knee pain for months be of concern to me?

3. Cherry_poppins

Cherry_poppins Bench

Achilles tendon strain

Is there a way to strap this injury so I can plant my bowling foot ? I overextended slipping at training last week and could not bowl on the weekend

4. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Just got over a buckethandle tear on my left meniscus, just done the other one.

5. Rife

Rife Juniors

In my opinion, this is the most useful video on YouTube for those having ITB problems. Follow the instructions in it to a tee and you should be fine. Good luck.

6. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

Where is your pain, when does it happen and is it sharp/dull?
    I'm awful at strapping, maybe some sort of 'heel lock'.
    Do you see a physio? They could do it a few times and then you show your partner how to do it.

7. Mogsheen Jadwat

Mogsheen Jadwat Juniors

Could be a meniscus tear. They take a while to heal especially if you're still playing sport week to week.

8. DeeJ

DeeJ Bench

Hey guys. I've managed my ITB pain successfully (almost no pain in the knees now and very rarely in one hip/upper thigh region).

The thing I practiced diligently and make the biggest difference was stretching the glutes after every workout. I would stretch hips as well as it is a big contributor as well as other leg stretches, but targeting glutes paid off the most.

I also limited my road running to one session a week, as I read that sudden increases in intensity/distance/frequency can also contribute to ITB soreness (as it is inflammation).

Hope any of you that experience the same pain can benefit from this as well. Foam rolling I did now and then, but it didn't have the profound effect of glute stretching.

9. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

I have torn rib cartilage just under the right pectoral as a result of a crash in a go kart race.
    Any suggestions on speeding up the recovery(pain is bearable when not doing any type of exercise/laughing/coughing etc.).

10. Barkley

Barkley Juniors

4E6D78C2-76EF-439F-93DF-AC4143C2C9E5.jpeg So this is my daughters injury from the flying fox. Pretty safe to assume it’s broken.

11. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Ouch. At least it wasn't both bones

12. Barkley

Barkley Juniors

Yeah it was only the Ulnar that snapped however the Radius was dislocated.

So one surgery on the weekend to fit a plate and most likely another in a few months to remove the plate. Good times ahead!

13. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Ouch, now I see the dislocation as well