What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jacques Kallis Appreciation thread

Hallatia

Referee
I was so nervous to be in the presence of such greatness. I should cut myself out of it and then post it, he took the picture himself, so that will make it look like he took a selfie on my phone

TheParraboy

Staff member
either way, we are all just keen to have a look at the great man

Did you tell him about this thread?

Hallatia

Referee
haha, I was too nervous about meeting him to say anything coherent, but if I get the chance to tomorrow, I will just for you. I was far more normal with Morne than with Jacques haha

384191_10151088151147091_372276252_n.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nice pic, looks a bit peeved, looks quite dark too

Hey if you do tell him about this thread, just tell him to ignore the 1st post, ok ?

Hallatia

Referee
he was probably annoyed that I asked him to take the picture for me haha.
Why don't you come down and meet him yourself?

Hallatia

Referee
Appreciate
Kallis reopens death penalty debate
Firdose Moonda
January 3, 2013

Jacques Kallis has called for a debate on the restoration of the death penalty in South Africa after the murder of a former first-class cricketer with strong links to the team.

John Commins, the uncle of a former Test player with the same name, and father of a players' agent, was killed on Wednesday night. Flags at Newlands were flown at half-mast on the second day of the Test match against New Zealand in his honour.

Kallis posted a message on twitter after the day's play which read: "Thoughts and prayers with @DonneCommins and family. Tragic news. Something really has to be done about the crime in this country #deathpenalty."

Donne Commins, daughter of the murdered man, is the agent of many prominent players including Morne and Albie Morkel, Herschelle Gibbs and Mark Boucher, Kallis' best friend who was forced to retire after a freak eye injury last July.

Boucher was due to enjoy a farewell parade on the third day of the Test, which he has asked to postpone because of the murder.

Cricket South Africa had planned to honour Boucher on his career and help promote his Save the Rhino foundation which is focused on anti-poaching. He was also going to conduct media interviews for only the second time since his retirement. Instead, Boucher's tribute will now be held next month during the Pakistan Test in Cape Town.

"Donne has been very close to me for most of my career and has been much more to me than a business partner," Boucher said in a statement. "She has been incredibly supportive over the past few months in particular during which time she has been a tremendous pillar of support."

The South African sporting community has been rocked by two deaths in the space of two days: Commins, who played 10 first-class matches for Western Province, and Olympic cyclist Burry Stander who was killed in a hit-and-run accident while on his bicycle in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Sauce
It's possible that the media are reading more into his comment than he intended. That's not to say that I would disagree if he was advocating the death penalty. I don't oppose the death penalty myself, I just oppose improper use of it and lack of appropriate measures to prevent improper use of it

Here's the picture from the article, just for PB
153143.jpg

African Monkey

First Grade
Where is tonearm terrorwrist these days ?

Surely he must peek into this thread from time to time?

Think he's been banned. Doesn't seem to be around anymore.

13,000 runs for the great man in the last test. Enjoy watching him for the next few years because we will never see anyone come close to the cricketer that Jacques Kallis is. A true all-time great.

TheParraboy

Staff member
if shane watson had Jacques' dna, he would never breakdown and would have around 15 test tons by now..

Latest posts