What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The junior arguement

Roosterphin

Juniors
The junior arguement is just so funny.

Lets see the demographics of the Eastern Suburbs has changed so that there are few families etc that now live in the area. As such there is minimal junior talent pool.

O.K so the Roosters have a choice. Pointlessly try and develop juniors in the East or make a decision to identify talent elsewhere?? Pretty simple decision to make.

BUT the point is....once they identify that talent what do they do with it. I know that if I lived in Balmain I would rather be identified by the Roosters who have a professional coaching staff and excellent development program that to go to the Wests Tigers. My career would certainly benefit.

NOW you cannot sinmply get upset at the Roosters because of this. Why not try and write to your own clubs and inform them of what they are doing wrong. And please dont say its all about money because that is bollocks. The Roosters get some junior players from Brisbane, Canterbury etc and the Broncos, Dogs etc have plenty of cash if they wanted to keep them. They come to the Roosters because it is a professional, well managed and coached club.

And if that is bad well then talk to the young blokes who went there and see what they will tell you.

So you've given up trying to defend your club and are now openly embracing the fact you buy players?

Good on you Rooster fans for not keeping the argument up.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
So you've given up trying to defend your club and are now openly embracing the fact you buy players?

Good on you Rooster fans for not keeping the argument up.

You imbecile. We recruit players regardless where they live and develop them into top line footballers. Which is what every club should do.

If they don't have their own, Phin. Like I said, good on you. Hope you ran it past all the other Rooster fans here before you decided to abandon the Junior Argument.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
If they don't have their own, Phin. Like I said, good on you. Hope you ran it past all the other Rooster fans here before you decided to abandon the Junior Argument.

Abandon?? No Rooster fan has ever said the Roosters have locally born players but they are developed juniors which is precisely the point I am making

Have you been banging your head too much?

drake

First Grade
Stop using that crap 'develop' cliche. Just admit that you've got big wallets and good scouts and be done with it.
I agree that there are f all people in the Eastern Suburbs that can even say Rugby League, let alone play it. The same thing is happening in South Sydney too, but they are sticking in there and keeping it alive. The Roosters simply gave up.

Let's hope that other Districts don't do the same, because otherwise, our grandkids will never get to play or watch the game.

Roosterphin said:
Danish Moo Cow said:

Abandon?? No Rooster fan has ever said the Roosters have locally born players but they are developed juniors which is precisely the point I am making

Nah, mate. They were "stolen".

:lol:

Roosterphin

Juniors
drake said:
Stop using that crap 'develop' cliche. Just admit that you've got big wallets and good scouts and be done with it.
I agree that there are f all people in the Eastern Suburbs that can even say Rugby League, let alone play it. The same thing is happening in South Sydney too, but they are sticking in there and keeping it alive. The Roosters simply gave up.

Let's hope that other Districts don't do the same, because otherwise, our grandkids will never get to play or watch the game.

Speaking without facts is a very dangerous thing to do Drakey Boy. The Roosters are renoened for their development program. I have dealings with Redcliffe and I know from the boys that went down there they cannot speak highly enough of the set up. I guarantee Mick Crocker is a far better player than if he had gone to Souths or the Wests Tigers. Why is that?

drake

First Grade
Roosterphin said:
drake said:

Speaking without facts is a very dangerous thing to do Drakey Boy. The Roosters are renoened for their development program. I have dealings with Redcliffe and I know from the boys that went down there they cannot speak highly enough of the set up. I guarantee Mick Crocker is a far better player than if he had gone to Souths or the Wests Tigers. Why is that?
Of couse their renowned for it. Goose Gould talks it up in all his media avenues all year round.
And your guarantee is sadly lacking. What if he went to the Broncos. Or Newcastle. Or the Dragons.
No you use teams that are struggling.

Roosterphin

Juniors
drake said:
Roosterphin said:
drake said:

Of couse their renowned for it. Goose Gould talks it up in all his media avenues all year round.
And your guarantee is sadly lacking. What if he went to the Broncos. Or Newcastle. Or the Dragons.

Dragons?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Didnt you blokes finish 10th last year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please you are killing me

drake

First Grade
Yep, we certainly did. tell me, get rid of Freddy and where would you be. Then Moreley, and so on, until your team is as decimated as the dragons were and see where you'd be. Freddy couldn't even take a rest to recuperate from a bad shoulder injury, because you're hopeless without him.
Did you notice when we were full strength we beat the Chicken lovers?

DIEHARD

----
Im sick of Roosters fans. #### of the lot of you. :| They have all come out of the woodwork.

PINGU

Juniors
drake said:
Roosterphin said:
drake said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: "or the Dragons" :lol: :lol: :lol: Haven't they set the world on fire over the past few years? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would rate the efforts of the Dragons under Brown no better than the efforts of South’s under Coleman. Worst thing the club/fans ever did was shoving the knife into the back of Andrew Farrar.

Roosterphin

Juniors
drake said:
Yep, we certainly did. tell me, get rid of Freddy and where would you be. Then Moreley, and so on, until your team is as decimated as the dragons were and see where you'd be. Freddy couldn't even take a rest to recuperate from a bad shoulder injury, because you're hopeless without him.
Did you notice when we were full strength we beat the Chicken lovers?

I sense you are getting a little upset. Could it be the years of underachieving with a team full of SOO players is getting to you?

drake

First Grade
Still not impressed with what happened to the Easter Egg. He wasn't getting us anywhere, but it did seem to be a bit of "et tu Bruti?" I think Browny will do much better than tugger, but he has more to work with, and in a far more supportive enviroment. I'm sorry Penguin, but what team do you follow. Although it's good to see someone showing pride in Local Football (especially a team called Wolves) but what 1st grade team do you follow?

Roosterphin.
Yes, years of underachieving with such a team does get to me. I'm confident though that the Dragons will suceed in '04. Obviously nothing your team does gets to you. You've given yourself blisters typing Roosters "development" and "every man for himself propaganda" for weeks now.

Did you notice I answer both of your insults without resorting to petty insults?

PINGU

Juniors
North Queensland nowdays Drake.

I find it more enjoyable to wander down to the complex and watch the mighty Wolves play nowdays.

I save NRL games for Fox.

drake

First Grade
Yeah i like to watch the local teams play, you get to see some real good footy, maybe not as flashy as NRL, but it's still the game we love, played hard.

And ummm... if you're a cowboys fan, why are you bagging the Dragons? I mean we've always done better than the Cowboys. Every year since North Qld came in we've placed higher, except for '97 when we stayed loyal to ARL, and were in a different league.

brook

First Grade
I know that if I lived in Balmain I would rather be identified by the Roosters who have a professional coaching staff and excellent development program that to go to the Wests Tigers. My career would certainly benefit.

In the past this was almost certainly true, however I'm pleased to say its no longer the case (well it may be prove to be true but the players don't seem to think so) The vast majority of Balmain's and Wests elite junior players have signed with the club for less money than they could get elsewhere. Balmain haven't lost a player we really wanted to keep in 3 years (we did lose one very good player to the roosters this year but he had no future at the tiges being stuck behind robbie farah and I wish him all the best) and Wests have lost very few.

The reason the players usually give for staying is that they are impressed with the current set-up of the club (Many changes have been made recently in regards to development of our elite juniors and all positive).

The wests tigers are in a position to rebuild their team from the bottom up and the structures are in place to see this happen - so far our young talent are happy to stick around.

Having said that the argument about the roosters juniors is kind of pointless. I am against the salary cap increase but I don't think the junior argument comes into it - easts are an innercity club, if they don't have the juniors what are they meant to do? Melbourne do not have any (or very many) juniors either but noone complains about that.