What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Juniors thread

tezzah1

Juniors
Hahaha - what the hell is George Vuna playing #6? This team is gonna end up like the 1st grade

LeagueNut

First Grade
http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/329/biggest-win---vodafone-junior-warriors-52-gold-coast-4

The Vodafone Junior Warriors scored their biggest NYC win so far when they swamped Gold Coast 52-4 in their 22nd-round clash at Mount Smart Stadium today.

They led 32-0 at halftime and went on to score 10 tries in all as they posted 50 points in a game for the first time.

After a two-point loss to Penrith last week left them in eighth spot, today’s 48-point winning margin bumped the Vodafone Junior Warriors up to seventh on 25 points.

Standoff Shaun Johnson wasn’t among the try-scorers this time but his six conversions boosted his points tally to 167 for the season so far.

Winger Bill Tupou maintained his impressive try-scoring strike rate with his 13th four pointer in 16 matches this year and his 27th in 25 NYC appearances overall.

Match details:
At Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

Vodafone Junior Warriors 52 (Alehana Mara 2, Bill Tupou, Glenn Fisiiahi, Leeson Ah Mau, Jason Cook, Michael Afioga, John Palavi, Rusty Bristow, Nafe Seluini tries; Shauin Johnson 6 conversions).

Gold Coast Titans 4 (Kayne Lawton try).

Halftime: 32-0 Vodafone Junior Warriors.

Referee: Shane Rehem.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Gutted that I missed this game. It sounded like it was an awesome performance. How did Vuna go at 5/8?

Didn't play. Kara moved to five eight, and did some nice things, but again it was pretty much the Johnson show in the backs with Ah Mau, Mara, Afioga killing them up front.

That 40/20 followed by a no look short ball was f**king beautiful to watch from Johnson.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
SS2 - Wednesday - 8am.

I know thats very, very early for you wazza, but you'll just have to make the effort.:cool:

Cheers, OB. I'll tape it before I go to work.

I watched the Eels vs Knights game, to forget about that sh*t Warriors game. So it would be good to watch a Warriors side actually win a game.

Will the Juniors game be televised this week??? That is going to be an awesome match up.

D

Deleted member 10972

Can someone tell me where these players are off to next year?

- Rusty Bristow
- Siuatona Likiliki
- Bill Tupou
- Thomas Ah Van
- Shaun Johnson
- Kurt Kara
- Michael Afioga
- Ben Henry
- James Gavet

All these players are top quality, I can expect to see the Warriors make a charge for the finals soon!

1. Jason Cook
2. Thomas Ah Van (if he isn't fit, Glenn Fisiahi or George Vuna)
3. Rusty Bristow
4. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Bill Tupou
6. Elijah Taylor
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Luke Laban
9. Alehana Mara
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Michael Afioga
12. Ben Henry
13. Kurt Kara

14. Nafatelai Seluini
15. Sione Lousi
16. James Gavet
17. Beau King

18. Matthew Robinson

...or you can always drop Seluini, move Mara to the bench, start Kara at hooker, and have Robinson at lock.

Plenty of options, top team!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Mara is the Jnr. Warriors' #1 hooker. How dare you suggest we bench him. And Laban is a nuffy, drop him, start King and then Robinson can fit on the bench. Although I'd love to see Packer in the Juniors, and Locke for that matter.

Other than that, your team is pretty bang on. sh*t, I love the Junior Warriors.

PASSION

Juniors
yeah the Juniors did well. They played a very poor team though so it was more of a training run for them, and good on them for making the most of it.
They say the Senior, Juniors, and the Vulcan all play the same way/style.
There is only two big differences with the Juniors though...... The forwards do there work the whole 80 minutes, and they do not keep on changing their 6 and 7 all the time!! And i would say Tony Iro would be easy to talk too.

I know there is a lot said about Johnson, and yes he is a good player in the making. But when you have got the forwards like they have it makes him look even better.
And without putting another but in there...... their is a big different in speed and defence between the Juniors and the Seniors.

As for Alehana... Love watching this young man, he is the one that gets the team working hard. Thats what he does himself every game, and Rusty.

Good luck for the next couple of games two years getting in the top 4 would be great!!

Iafeta

Referee
Didn't play. Kara moved to five eight, and did some nice things, but again it was pretty much the Johnson show in the backs with Ah Mau, Mara, Afioga killing them up front.

That 40/20 followed by a no look short ball was f**king beautiful to watch from Johnson.

Johnson and Kara's passing game was awesome. The short passes were clinical.

Johnson did get charged down twice yesterday and also conceded a soft line break, but man... he's going to be a gun. For a bloke who's legs and arms still like gumby rubber from Postman Pat fame, imagine him with a bit of physique.

LeagueNut

First Grade
tc-r23-parnzw.jpg

EELS: 1. Daniel Cross 2. Ryan Morgan 3. Domenic Nasso 4. Rory Brien 5. Brad Graham 6. TK Amosa 7. Albert Kelly 8. Mitchel Johnson 9. Anthony Mitchell 10. Kene Te Whata 11. Taniela Lasalo 12. Royce Hura 13. Jason Baitieri
Interchange: 14. Daniel Galati 15. Peni Terepo 16. Joel Latham 17. Mitchell Allgood; Reserves: 18. Mase Laulu Togagae 19. Joshua Tuitupou 20. Boyd Brown
WARRIORS: 1. Jason Cook 2. Glen Fisiiahi 3. Rusty Bristow 4. Siuatonga Likiliki 5. Bill Tupou 6. Kurt Kara 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Leeson Ah Mau 9. Alehana Mara 10. Beau King 11. Michael Afioga 12. Sione Lousi 13. Ben Henry
Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Luke Laban 16. Matt Robinson 17. John Palavi
Referee: Gavin West; Sideline Officials: Paul Mellor & Brenden Wood

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not the case, according to Ivan today. Heard him say he has been down on form etc etc with no mention of injury.

So maybe he is in the Vulcans, or he'll be added to the 20s.

And yes, Ivan can take a decent chunk of credit in his form slump, which makes it somewhat ironic.