What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

RedVee

First Grade
It would be cool if they had a montage of Aussie & Kiwi celebrities saying which NRL team they follow with the team logo.
Just a few off my head: Margot Robbie, Rusty, Hugh, Thor and his brother/s, Bryan Brown, Sam Neill (does he follow the Warriors?), Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Tommy Emmanuel, Neil Finn and so on.
Maybe some of those wouldn’t be interested but surely you could get 10 seconds off 10 or 12 celebs?
Play it at the ground on the big screen and on the TV coverage, then to YouTube etc

MugaB

Coach
It would be cool if they had a montage of Aussie & Kiwi celebrities saying which NRL team they follow with the team logo.
Just a few off my head: Margot Robbie, Rusty, Hugh, Thor and his brother/s, Bryan Brown, Sam Neill (does he follow the Warriors?), Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Tommy Emmanuel, Neil Finn and so on.
Maybe some of those wouldn’t be interested but surely you could get 10 seconds off 10 or 12 celebs?
Play it at the ground on the big screen and on the TV coverage, then to YouTube etc
Jimmy barnes is a balmain tragic, but supports the storm nowadays, and anthony field is also a Tigers tragic, and mick fanning is a panthers supporter, speaking of huge jackedman.. say he took his partner in crime Ryan Reynolds to watch this event, he might want to buy a reserve grade club.. like he did with Wrexham

taste2taste

Juniors
To stop the games being a defensive snoozefest on the smaller fields, Matt Johns has suggested the ref keeps the defensive line back 12 meters instead of 10.

Thoughts ?

JamesRustle

First Grade
Would the seppos even know Bryan, Sam, Tommy or the Finns?

Rebel Wilson, Cate Blanchett, that red headed bird who married Borat would probably be better known Aussie's in the US, but a Tay Tay nomination is the key here... get her to spurt something out like "I love performing here at the home of the Rabbitohs" at the Sydney concert...

JamesRustle

First Grade
Jimmy barnes is a balmain tragic, but supports the storm nowadays, and anthony field is also a Tigers tragic, and mick fanning is a panthers supporter, speaking of huge jackedman.. say he took his partner in crime Ryan Reynolds to watch this event, he might want to buy a reserve grade club.. like he did with Wrexham
I don't think he can sink enough Crownies to buy the Dragons.

RedVee

First Grade
Would the seppos even know Bryan, Sam, Tommy or the Finns?

Rebel Wilson, Cate Blanchett, that red headed bird who married Borat would probably be better known Aussie's in the US, but a Tay Tay nomination is the key here... get her to spurt something out like "I love performing here at the home of the Rabbitohs" at the Sydney concert...
Well some would :) Bryan did some US movies including Cocktail with Tom Cruise. Sam Neil I think is fairly well known. Tommy has lived and toured there for years and is now a US citizen and Neil joined Fleetwood Mac as a temp which got some press in the last couple of years.

I didn’t think Colin Hay would be a RL person, Scotland > Melbourne > LA

I didn’t think of Rebel, and Cate doesn’t strike me as a RL kinda gal.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Well some would :) Bryan did some US movies including Cocktail with Tom Cruise. Sam Neil I think is fairly well known. Tommy has lived and toured there for years and is now a US citizen and Neil joined Fleetwood Mac as a temp which got some press in the last couple of years.

I didn’t think Colin Hay would be a RL person, Scotland > Melbourne > LA

I didn’t think of Rebel, and Cate doesn’t strike me as a RL kinda gal.
Yeah, not having a shot.
I chuckled at Bryan from cocktail circa 1988... great movie! Just thought any celebs have to be known by the audience otherwise they'd be going wtf is that. Go the US celebs like the rock. Steve Irwin would have been good.. maybe one of his sprogs is popular over there. Kylie, Molly.. did they ever cut through over there. Croc Dundee?

yakstorm

First Grade
NRL has released some of the other activations being hosted in the lead up: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/02/19/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nrl-las-vegas/

Fan Fest - Fremont Street Experience on the Thursday
NRL Golf Day - Wynn Golf Club, Las Vegas on the Thursday
Corporate Lunch (Sold Out) - Ocean Prime Las Vegas on the Friday
NRL 360 & Matty Johns Show Live in Las Vegas - Resorts World on the Friday
Pre-Game Fan Zone - Allegiant Stadium, Northern Car Park on the Saturday

Rebel Wilson, Cate Blanchett, that red headed bird who married Borat would probably be better known Aussie's in the US, ...

The "red headed bird" is Isla Fischer. I don't know if she supports any NRL side though.

That said she was part of a group of celebs who turned up to watch a Souths v Roosters matcha couple of years ago -

Harry O

Juniors
I heard half hour ago that the VEGAS D/H will be broadcasting in 200 countries, just imagine 200 countries watching RL? Once they see it they'll give RU the flick 4ever...

Harry O

Juniors
All we need is 1% of the planet watching and that's like $14bn revenue for the Watch NRL app.
I bet the AFL is pissed off lol

Haha suck eggs to them.😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_170257_Chrome Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_170257_Chrome Beta.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts