What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Misrepresenting and lying about people you disagree with doesn't make them wrong, it just makes you intellectually dishonest.
Please elaborate. We've had many discussions on these boards on issues you've been wrong about. Please let me know where I'm being dishonest... Let's check your track record...

Dolphins won't get in - wrong
Dolphins won't be a success - wrong
No meaningful growth in Brisbane since the admission of the Dolphins - wrong
AFL is bigger than RL in Canberra - wrong
SL didn't give the Swans a leg up in Sydney - wrong

Vegas is looking like a complete sell-out if you think it's a bad idea.

Pippen94

First Grade
Please elaborate. We've had many discussions on these boards on issues you've been wrong about. Please let me know where I'm being dishonest... Let's check your track record...

Dolphins won't get in - wrong
Dolphins won't be a success - wrong
No meaningful growth in Brisbane since the admission of the Dolphins - wrong
AFL is bigger than RL in Canberra - wrong
SL didn't give the Swans a leg up in Sydney - wrong

Vegas is looking like a complete sell-out if you think it's a bad idea.

Lol, nobody has a worse track record than that!!

Billythekid

First Grade
I do somewhat agree that this would be cool if it was spread over a few days. If you’re travelling all the way to the US you want to make a trip of it and that would give it a bit of a carnival feel.

nko11

Juniors
The same people who this year were saying it's all about growing the game in America, are now celebrating that the entire crowd will be Aussies and poms travelling. Seems like the only people benefitting from this is Vegas tourism.

It's not an all or nothing scenario. Getting a good base of Aus, NZ & UK fans will build the atmosphere, so that the US fans come away with a positive impression. Get 30k-35k Aus/NZ/UK fans in then have 30k-35k US fans with a good atmosphere.

Billythekid

First Grade
The same people who this year were saying it's all about growing the game in America, are now celebrating that the entire crowd will be Aussies and poms travelling. Seems like the only people benefitting from this is Vegas tourism.
It’s generating a lot of interest in both Australia and the UK. Just as a marketing tool it seems to be paying off so far.

Maximus

Coach
It's not an all or nothing scenario. Getting a good base of Aus, NZ & UK fans will build the atmosphere, so that the US fans come away with a positive impression. Get 30k-35k Aus/NZ/UK fans in then have 30k-35k US fans with a good atmosphere.

30-35k people aren't going to sit around for 10 hrs watching a sport they know nothing about.

nko11

Juniors
30-35k people aren't going to sit around for 10 hrs watching a sport they know nothing about.
That's fine. As long as they come away with a positive experience, which is what 35k+ in Allegiant 'cheering when you should cheer' provides. It's a slow burn. All of the big talk about 'taking over America' is just that. You build it over multiple years of return visits from US supporters. The Aus/NZ/UK supporters are for the atmosphere/experience and to keep it financially viable while it develops. If you thought it was going to 'take over America' or even be financially viable just from US support in the first couple of years, you're not switched on.

No1_Eel

Juniors
Only rugby league fans could think having 4 games is a bad thing. They obviously had to make it "bigger" and they realised that it's easier for English fans to get over so you add two English teams. Apparently there is no professional NFL women's competition so they thought if we can showcase our girls that will bring more women and general public to the game while perhaps getting any female Americans interested in playing in a professional league

Only rugby league fans could think having 4 games is a bad thing. They obviously had to make it "bigger" and they realised that it's easier for English fans to get over so you add two English teams. Apparently there is no professional NFL women's competition so they thought if we can showcase our girls that will bring more women and general public to the game while perhaps getting any female Americans interested in playing in a professional league
And so much easier to market as well it being a game between two countries, that will help catch people`s attention alone, rather than it being a game between two Australian states or club teams.
There has been some concern that the score may be lop-sided, I `d say even if it is, there will be plenty of long-range tries, chain passing and open League as is more synonymous with the women`s game presently that will pique the uninitiated interest, the score won`t matter so much at this stage.

Vlad59

Bench
And so much easier to market as well it being a game between two countries, that will help catch people`s attention alone, rather than it being a game between two Australian states or club teams.
There has been some concern that the score may be lop-sided, I `d say even if it is, there will be plenty of long-range tries, chain passing and open League as is more synonymous with the women`s game presently that will pique the uninitiated interest, the score won`t matter so much at this stage.
If ever there was a reason for women’s league in England to lift its game it’s Vegas.

shewi6

Juniors
After the initial shock, I am starting to come around and will wish next years event all success as I did with this year. Would love it to grow every year and become a boon for the nrl plus the game in america.

I still have my doubts about having 4 games in one day and the nrl matches not being back to back but let's see how it turns out and see what, if any, improvements are needed for 2026.