What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Steel Saints

Juniors
Rugby League Las Vegas Festival 2025 - Bigger, Bolder, Better
NRL Media Release
Tue 9 Jul 2024, 05:00 PM

Super League – Wigan v Warrington (1:30pm PST / 8:30am AEDT)
NRL – Canberra Raiders v New Zealand Warriors (4:00pm PST / 11:00am AEDT)
Test Match - Australian Jillaroos vs England Lionesses (6:00pm PST / 1:00pm AEDT)
NRL – Penrith Panthers vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (8:30pm PST / 3:30pm AEDT)

Rugby League in Las Vegas 2025 will be bigger, bolder and better, with more games, more teams, more nations and more opportunities for travelling supporters to take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime festival of global Rugby League.

Celebrating a world first event, the NRL, Super League and women’s international game will explode in a never-before-seen extravaganza of global sporting excellence featuring the very best rugby league players on the planet.

The historic four-game schedule will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday, 1 March 2025 (local time) and will be broadcast live to a massive global audience across multiple markets and time zones.

Bringing together eight teams from the Super League and the NRL, as well as the international women’s Test match, the event showcases rugby league’s global appeal, creating a unique spectacle for American sports fans.

“Las Vegas 2025 will be a bigger, bolder and better festival of rugby league,” NRL CEO Andrew Abdo said.

“The 2025 Las Vegas event will feature two highly anticipated NRL Premiership matches to open the season, the 2024 UK Challenge Cup finalists, Wigan and Warrington, and a Test match showcasing some of the most elite women’s players from both hemispheres.

“We’ve given fans the opportunity to plan early and take advantage of the Las Vegas festival experience – a true bucket list item for all rugby league and sports fans.

“Thank you to all the participating teams who will now get the chance to perform on a global stage with huge exposure.

"Thank you to all our partners, including the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Allegiant Stadium and our broadcast partners, who have worked closely with us to create this innovative and truly unique event.”

One possible reason why the Raiders v Warriors game is on earlier, is to attract the east coast. There's a three hour difference. In Vegas, the game will kick off at 4pm. On the east coast, the match would start at 7pm prime time.

final say

Juniors
The more I look at it the more I like it. I was on board with a SL game to get the poms involved but I wasn't sure about if were ready for the girls or it would be too much but I'm beginning to think that it was a great idea. Completely destroys any initial thought that this game is a men only kinda deal. A big signal that this great game is for everyone! Hopefully it will encourage mums and daughters to attend as well, which I sure it will but in what kinda numbers.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Firstly, I'm glad you posted this. I dont know how this will work out, but if you think it's a mistake thrn it's probably going to be a raging success due to your track record of being wrong about everything.

Secondly, 'nobody will admit this' don't be so full of yourself, there are plenty of posters here expressing doubt about the new format.
Misrepresenting and lying about people you disagree with doesn't make them wrong, it just makes you intellectually dishonest.

The more I look at it the more I like it. I was on board with a SL game to get the poms involved but I wasn't sure about if were ready for the girls or it would be too much but I'm beginning to think that it was a great idea. Completely destroys any initial thought that this game is a men only kinda deal. A big signal that this great game is for everyone! Hopefully it will encourage mums and daughters to attend as well, which I sure it will but in what kinda numbers.

Women's sports are well supported and developed in the US. Just look at basketball at the collegiate and professional levels. As such taking a women's RL game is fine in that regard.

My issue is just by adding it and a SL game too, may create a fatigue factor for those attending the venue or watching on TV who aren't died in the wool rugby league fans.

taste2taste

Juniors
My issue is just by adding it and a SL game too, may create a fatigue factor for those attending the venue or watching on TV who aren't died in the wool rugby league fafans.
I doubt anyone will sit through all 4 games, especially on a Saturday night with all the Vegas strip has to offer.

I think a huge part of the crowd will leave before or at half time of the woman's game, not helping things is the game is likely to be a massive blow out, Leaving the stadium looking very empty for game 3 and 4.

In regards to the woman's game it's definitely worth pursuing and promoting, the way it's heading it could easily become the worlds premier League/Union comp attracting the world's best players from both codes from around the world.

final say

Juniors
I doubt anyone will sit through all 4 games, especially on a Saturday night with all the Vegas strip has to offer.

I think a huge part of the crowd will leave before or at half time of the woman's game, not helping things is the game is likely to be a massive blow out, Leaving the stadium looking very empty for game 3 and 4.

In regards to the woman's game it's definitely worth pursuing and promoting, the way it's heading it could easily become the worlds premier League/Union comp attracting the world's best players from both codes from around the world.
Who's in attendance? I would say 90% are travelling to Vegas for this event.. the die hard fans! If anyone is sitting through all of these games, it's the crowd we will have there.
I read someone who posted an attended last time and they did pass outs. So maybe a third won't arrive for the start of the Super League game...which means you have 30 to 40k for a Super League game! How that could possibly be viewed as a negative is beyond me, then by kick off of the first game it'll be close to full. Probably half will leave, get something to eat ect for the women's game, which means we'll have around 30k watching a women's game! Once again, in what universe is that bad? Then people return for the last game to near full, maybe some have left and we have around 50k... and we're supposed to believe that's bad?

As for TV.. we don't have the details on the broadcast but in all likelihood the Super league and Women's may not be shown- so nothing changes. And if they are it's a positive, the longer the game occupies a channel, the more chance we have of people becoming curious and less chance that all of it clashes with other events.

We're going to have a festival of Rugby league in Las Vegas... yippee !!!

Alternatively, fans of game 3 and 4 might rock up mid or after womens’ game so hopefully the stadium won’t look so empty.

Wb1234

Referee
Who's in attendance? I would say 90% are travelling to Vegas for this event.. the die hard fans! If anyone is sitting through all of these games, it's the crowd we will have there.
I read someone who posted an attended last time and they did pass outs. So maybe a third won't arrive for the start of the Super League game...which means you have 30 to 40k for a Super League game! How that could possibly be viewed as a negative is beyond me, then by kick off of the first game it'll be close to full. Probably half will leave, get something to eat ect for the women's game, which means we'll have around 30k watching a women's game! Once again, in what universe is that bad? Then people return for the last game to near full, maybe some have left and we have around 50k... and we're supposed to believe that's bad?

As for TV.. we don't have the details on the broadcast but in all likelihood the Super league and Women's may not be shown- so nothing changes. And if they are it's a positive, the longer the game occupies a channel, the more chance we have of people becoming curious and less chance that all of it clashes with other events.

Pommies will stay to watch all the games

Pippen94

First Grade
Women's sports are well supported and developed in the US. Just look at basketball at the collegiate and professional levels. As such taking a women's RL game is fine in that regard.

My issue is just by adding it and a SL game too, may create a fatigue factor for those attending the venue or watching on TV who aren't died in the wool rugby league fans.

65k tickets will sell or close to it. There will be give aways as always, but as an all day event crowd in venue will fluctuate. Didn't think it'd be a problem but whatever ..

taste2taste

Juniors

Crowds for the Super League and Women's game will certainly be higher than what they would have got if played at home.

People won't be able to come and go because Alligiant doesn't allow you to re enter ( well, they didn't for the double header last year ) so once some one leaves that seat is empty for the rest of the day. Besides, Alligiant isn't close to anything, it's not walking distance from the strip, its not like you can leave the stadium, go watch Adele and then wander back for the last game.

I feel the best order of games would be

1 Women's game, crowd slowly arrives during the game.

2 Super League game, crowd builds with all pommies in attendance

3 NRL game 1, stadium at capacity

4 NRL game 2, pommies will have left, and NRL game 3 fans stay and watch until half time. Leaving the stadium looking pretty empty for the second half.

Pippen94

First Grade
Crowds for the Super League and Women's game will certainly be higher than what they would have got if played at home.

People won't be able to come and go because Alligiant doesn't allow you to re enter ( well, they didn't for the double header last year ) so once some one leaves that seat is empty for the rest of the day. Besides, Alligiant isn't close to anything, it's not walking distance from the strip, its not like you can leave the stadium, go watch Adele and then wander back for the last game.

4 NRL game 2, pommies will have left, and NRL game 3 fans stay and watch until half time. Leaving the stadium looking pretty empty for the second half.

I think you're underestimating the number UK fans who will travel

Wb1234

Referee

Too late for the super league game back in their home market would be 1130 at night

even if people leave the stadium the more fans that go to this event from overseas the more money the event is worth to Las Vegas tourism authority

I reckon most of the Poms will stay. They’re diehard enough to go to Vegas so I can’t see them leaving their seats when clubs from the best comp in the world play before them. It would be like A League fans walking out and not bothering to watch the EPL clubs after.

Maximus

Coach
The same people who this year were saying it's all about growing the game in America, are now celebrating that the entire crowd will be Aussies and poms travelling. Seems like the only people benefitting from this is Vegas tourism.

final say

Juniors

The woman's game is the fastest growing Rugby league market by far. The current draw gives that growth the attention it deserves.
And I like that there's a break between NRL games.
I think they got this right.
Time will tell

Latest posts