What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

yakstorm

First Grade
Is this also the free tickets included to Rugby League clubs in US?
It could. I'm not sure if those tickets are new holds or allocations (ie. Seats previously on sale) yet or if they'll come from bays that haven't been released yet.

Past experiences would say the NRL wouldn't have allocated these yet & will decide where the teams go closer to the event when all entrants have been finalised and they know what is & isn't selling, but I could be wrong.

Iamback

Referee
Imagine we see the game go to vegas to showcase our sport over a 5 year period and then get an annual karen-a-thon between those whingers...
Makes me want to stop supporting any expansion

you should know on here. The Karens are all full of agendas

MugaB

Coach
you should know on here. The Karens are all full of agendas
Aka Perf, Aka Karentard not sharing cowboys land and mr. negative hatin on anything lowbrow (which is pretty much everything RL) might aswell include Gobsmacked with any rival to a phantom nonexistant NZ2 bid,.... grotd, wb and pips just hating on perf, and backing anything that the karens hate, regardless of the outcome...
Add to that maxipad giving agreements, likes, and handjobs to all the karens, further advancing all these so called agendas ... yes the expansion threads are not members who actually want expansion, they just want to shit on every idea or advancement the NRL does, come to think of it the only guys who i believe are truely expansionists are you, me and colk, as we don't have an appetite for any agendas other that the NRL to prosper

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
I was talking to my hairdresser today about this.
She’s going with her family

and another 40 from her extended families.
Mostly all bunnies fans

they for super cheap return flights for 1.5k

am so jealous

I asked her to ditch her daughter and take me instead but she said no lol

RedVee

First Grade

Mostly all bunnies fans

am so jealous

yes, I’d like to be going and if it was April or later I might have managed it. Hopefully another time.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Mostly all bunnies fans

am so jealous

are they still going now the boxing is off? :)

Canard

Immortal
Aka Perf, Aka Karentard not sharing cowboys land and mr. negative hatin on anything lowbrow (which is pretty much everything RL) might aswell include Gobsmacked with any rival to a phantom nonexistant NZ2 bid,.... grotd, wb and pips just hating on perf, and backing anything that the karens hate, regardless of the outcome...
Add to that maxipad giving agreements, likes, and handjobs to all the karens, further advancing all these so called agendas ... yes the expansion threads are not members who actually want expansion, they just want to shit on every idea or advancement the NRL does, come to think of it the only guys who i believe are truely expansionists are you, me and colk, as we don't have an appetite for any agendas other that the NRL to prosper
I love a good meltdown.

MugaB

Coach
I love a good meltdown.
Meltdown hahahahaha, listen to the salt you spew with the mere mention of cairns housing the 18th team of PNG... oh no... karenard with his band of whingers are coming to poopoo that idea, ill spend most of the day posting quips on how stupid the idea of a 3rd world country having a sporting licence is, all the while supporting a backwater team like the cowboys... then having a Meltdown when someone isnt a true cowboys fan... oh these plastic fans hahahahaha
unnamed-2.gif

Canard

Immortal
Meltdown hahahahaha, listen to the salt you spew with the mere mention of cairns housing the 18th team of PNG... oh no... karenard with his band of whingers are coming to poopoo that idea, ill spend most of the day posting quips on how stupid the idea of a 3rd world country having a sporting licence is, all the while supporting a backwater team like the cowboys... then having a Meltdown when someone isnt a true cowboys fan... oh these plastic fans hahahahaha
View attachment 83246
R U OK?

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I’m optimistic that this works.

Hypothetically if it does, could we see more international double headers? Perhaps on a monthly basis to kinda mirror what the ufc does with spread out numbered events. If so, where?

Interesting to see what comes of all this.

Hypothetically if it does, could we see more international double headers? Perhaps on a monthly basis to kinda mirror what the ufc does with spread out numbered events. If so, where?

I’m optimistic too. We have a great game that the Americans will love. We need to find the right way to present it to their audience but I think the Vegas experiment is a great start.

jim_57

Staff member

We have one team in England this year a week before Vegas. London or Manchester could be an option the week after WCC if another team goes over.

Other team can play one of the big English clubs or Catalans to make a tour of it as well then ideally work with Super League to have a double header the week later one NRL & one SL game.

Chimp

Bench
We have one team in England this year a week before Vegas. London or Manchester could be an option the week after WCC if another team goes over.

Other team can play one of the big English clubs or Catalans to make a tour of it as well then ideally work with Super League to have a double header the week later one NRL & one SL game.
I suspect an NRL double header would sell out in England - the whole rugby league community would be interested in going, as the NRL is held in such high regard, and that’s without any ex-pat that would want to attend.

If Vegas goes well, it could be a gateway to similar events - even if it’s just Vegas, Wembley and NZ (would work massively if they do bring in a pacific team), would be a money spinner. If they become big events, that are attracting tourists, there’d soon be other big cities wanting a slice and willing to bid for them. A controversial one would be getting in bed with the Arabs - they love their combat sports. We’re openly going to Vegas for the gaming money, so we can’t really claim the moral high ground, so why not take the big Arab money.

Harry O

Juniors
Here's an idea, let's have the English SL M/W in Australia, and in reverse the NRL M/W heads to England on the same weekend, I love to see the poms in action for once

Latest posts