What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Iamback

Coach
Thats not really the issue though mate.

Its that anyone seeking out the game will likely confuse it with Union.

The NFL commentators even refereed to the ball as a "Rugby".

The Melbourne Lord Mayor when announcing Origin called it Rugby.

We want to be in new markets, The downside is calling it Rugby.

The commentator did call it Rugby but called it correctly as the NRL Opening Round. That is the main thing because they can google the correct competiton

Iamback

Coach
Perhaps we should've taken the chance to completely divorce ourselves from our rugby union roots when the Vichy government banned the French rugby league from using the word "rugby"... let the game be called "Jeu à Treize" globally. That or "topball" of course. Too late now

But as dumb as Americans are, I think if they were truly interested in seeking it out there's enough peripheral search terms to throw into google to help land them in the right place. Not a big deal imo

Exactly. The logo was there and the link to buy tickets was correct. Once on the NRL Website they can go further into it if wanted

jpw2511

Juniors
The Melbourne Lord Mayor when announcing Origin called it Rugby.

We want to be in new markets, The downside is calling it Rugby.

The commentator did call it Rugby but called it correctly as the NRL Opening Round. That is the main thing because they can google the correct competiton
It is union though all you flogs did was take away scrums and line outs and called it a new sport.

Victoire

Juniors
It is union though all you flogs did was take away scrums and line outs and called it a new sport.
At least it is a sport. A shambolic game where you get a point for missing, clearly dropped balls are called marks and which is played in half of a single country can hardly be deemed a sport. It's a hobby at best. If it were a board game I wouldn't play it.

footyfan4life

Juniors
It says Australia’s biggest sport? I thought blatant lies were banned in advertising.
There’s always work-arounds the law

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yep not surprising with the state of most stadiums being worse then a 3rd world country. I'd rather watch on TV too instead of giving money to a club who doesn't care about its supporters.
Ok good, so we are both aware that Rugby League is the most watched sport in Australia 👌

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Thats not really the issue though mate.

Its that anyone seeking out the game will likely confuse it with Union.

The NFL commentators even refereed to the ball as a "Rugby".
I know what you are saying, but we are a form of Rugby, just with a different governing body. I think that's why it's so important the NRL are pushing the brand, that will direct anyone interested to NRL.com and not to a Union site

Gobsmacked

Bench
Scrums, line outs, rucks, mauls, rolling mauls, having too many players on the field, having too many players on the bench, booting the ball out on the full, 0 metre defensive line, 3 point penalties , endless attacks.. boring attacks.. cauliflower ears ,fat dudes and choosing players based on their connections...
It was professional was the point and to charge a premium, you need a premium product! Which it is!
Slowly people are wondering why they're paying for non premium...Union..🤔 .. flogs..😉

Latest posts