What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I get the want to attract English tourists, but I hope we aren't diluting this whole thing. Although, if done well, a mini Magic Round over two days in Vegas could work. I guess also involving the women and Superleague means the burden is shared by four different leagues

final say

Juniors
I get the want to attract English tourists, but I hope we aren't diluting this whole thing. Although, if done well, a mini Magic Round over two days in Vegas could work. I guess also involving the women and Superleague means the burden is shared by four different leagues
The more people we can attract into the city and fill the stadium the better ( we should be pushing for a sellout this time) because an event like this generates income for the city , meaning we can start charging a premium to hold our event in the city.
After the 5 years, if we do well.. I say open the bidding. We could be opening the season in different cities across the US each year, growing the profile of the NRL, making money and growing the sport in the USA.
Everyone try to shut it down and say it'll never work but the potential is seemingly limitless.

Wb1234

Referee
The more people we can attract into the city and fill the stadium the better ( we should be pushing for a sellout this time) because an event like this generates income for the city , meaning we can start charging a premium to hold our event in the city.
After the 5 years, if we do well.. I say open the bidding. We could be opening the season in different cities across the US each year, growing the profile of the NRL, making money and growing the sport in the USA.
Everyone try to shut it down and say it'll never work but the potential is seemingly limitless.
That’s a good idea about other cities bidding for it

la Miami and nyc would be good

Wb1234

Referee
East coast nyc isn’t impossible if the money was right

yes it would mean a 10 am kickoff in Sydney but it’s not impossible over 3 days

this would only be if it really takes off so down the track (ten years)

RedVee

First Grade
East coast nyc isn’t impossible if the money was right

yes it would mean a 10 am kickoff in Sydney but it’s not impossible over 3 days

this would only be if it really takes off so down the track (ten years)
Miami or Tampa? There are 3 or 4 teams in Florida so some people have heard of the game and would be interested in watching “the big league”.
Touristy as well.

But yep, I say leave it in Vegas for the foreseeable future.

Latest posts