What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The League Lounge (on Fox Sports)

Brutus

Referee
Any thoughts?

Seems a pretty random show thus far.

Very relaxed.

Brandy and James Matheson are having a big eye competition.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
For as good as player as he was, Brandy's comments always make him seem the full genius.

You never go the full genius............you hear me haynetrain!

skeepe

Immortal
I can't see the point of doing this in front of an audience to be honest. Not too bad though.

S.R.

Juniors
When Greg Alexander is the "expert" on a show, it's bound to be shyte.
He has nothing to offer.

Why is Jess Yates on there? She seems lost.

STG-MACCA

Bench
It's been ok, needs some work.

I am still watching but if there was something else worth watching I'd switch over.
Surely we can find a women who can talk rugby league with a bit more punch, and really why is James mathison involved?

In this format, you would almost be better served having a random fan sitting on the panel to offer another perspective, however they should go through a recruitment process to get on it, not just random selection.

applesauce

Bench
Is this an attempt at the light hearted stylings of say "Before the Game"?

I have it recorded and won't be able to watch it for a couple of days.

Danish

Referee
Not liking the random blonde. Complete airhead who clearly knows nothing about league.

Why do TV stations continuously go with bimbos over knowledgeable women on sports shows?

S.R.

Juniors
In this format, you would almost be better served having a random fan sitting on the panel to offer another perspective, however they should go through a recruitment process to get on it, not just random selection.

So you want a non random random?

innsaneink

Referee
Christ some people are never happy....thought it was good and Brandy is one of the better league commentators around....leaves his bias at home

Light & relaxed works well this time of the week

blake1979

Juniors
I was hoping they were going to have a similar set up to the AFL's show On the couch. I was pretty disappointed to be honest

Brutus

Referee
The mood of the show is perfect for the Sunday night timeslot.

I'll be back next week too.

Brandy, Brendan Cowell and Warren Smith go well together on it.

Danish

Referee
i didnt mind it, i kind of thought they might actually review the weekend's games at some point....

will keep watching because, frankly. its a show about league but i hope they increase the topical league content next week.

And piss the ditz off. No idea what demographic they are trying to appeal to with her.

STG-MACCA

Bench
So you want a non random random?

Exactly, but someone that can listen and speak intellectually. I hate seeing bogans on Footy shows that talk like they have smashed a dozen beers before the interview.

In other words, no souths fans and were good.
For the record you can exclude the skull too.

Latest posts