What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The man the Roosters fear.....

Moffo

Referee
You know its right...

0,5001,383941,00.jpg

Cheers,
Moffo

mojo and Dice you call yourselve's Easts supporters. Can you show a bit of loyalty to our great club instead of brown nosing to the morons on this message board.

strong_latte

Juniors
I fear Justin Hodges more than anyone else... He's just that shit that he could cost us the game! THAT is scary!

thickos

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
mojo and Dice you call yourselve's Easts supporters. Can you show a bit of loyalty to our great club instead of brown nosing to the morons on this message board.

You're like the friggin propaganda minister aren't you.... heard of individual opinion???

Open your eyes and ears champ... they are onto something with the weaknesses in your backline.

MadDogMason

Juniors
There right to fear sherwin...If they manage to shut him down good luck keeping Anasta at bay along with Corey Hughes and Jonathon Thurston(If He Plays) and also Matuia :mrgreen:

Broncodroid

Juniors
I respect Brett Sherwin, as will the Roosters and Brett Finch, but the main fear for the Roosters will come from the Bulldogs forward pack IMO.

Take your pick:

Mark O'Meley: The best year of his young career which should see him seal a Kangaroo jersey for the tri-series tournament. With Price, 'Shrek' is the key up front who gets the meters and quick play the ball which see's the next wave of attack unfold. Good for a tough 125+m.

Sonny-Bill Williams: Still only a kid at 19, but the impact this guy is having on this team from the bench is Tallis like when the 'raging bull' was doing the same for St.George in the early 90's. Has the size, speed and ball skills to trouble a weakened Rooster pack from the bench. His clash with young Tupou will be a game highlight for mine.

Andrew Ryan: Let's no one down in a big game, and this is as big as gets club footy wise. Lurking out wide forming a good combination with Anasta and Tonga, Ryan could do some real damage especially if taking on Justin Hodges who IMO is the Roosters weak link defensively out wide.

The above 3 are class players, add to that the possibility of inspirational captain Steve Price defying odds to lace up (who I only left out because of the injury concern), the Roosters are going to do well to counter this pack.

The one player IMO that the Roosters fear more than anyone in the Canterbury line-up: WILLIE MASON.

Yes, Mason was the guy I mocked for calling out the Roosters declaring he was prepared to meet fire with fire if the Roosters put it on early in the GF, but that aside, Mason in 2004 has stepped up despite the off field drama's he has been mixed up in.

Without Price in the line-up, Mason took on a leadership role vs Penrith (as did Ryan, Anasta, O'Meley) and was brilliant for the Bulldogs and this would scare Ricky Stuart. Mason is as big as they come, can rip in when his mind is on the job and as we have seen time and time again, he can be the most destructive player in the forwards when he rises to the occasion. A fired up Mason is going to be a load to handle working off the work of O'Meley, Price (perhaps) and Asotasi.

Add to the above that Mason CAN get away the ball in traffice attracting 2 or 3 defenders, Sydney City's great defence is going to be at it's best which was made harder with the suspension of key forward Luke Ricketson. I would envisage brilliant backrower Craig Fitzgibbon will stalk Mason for the majority of the game hitting him whenever he takes on the Roosters defence.

m0j0

Bench
MadDogMason said:
There right to fear sherwin...If they manage to shut him down good luck keeping Anasta at bay along with Corey Hughes and Jonathon Thurston(If He Plays) and also Matuia :mrgreen:

VanillaIceMason, I think the one's who fear Maitua the most are the police at the ground.

fat_mike

Juniors
MadDogMason wrote:
There right to fear sherwin...If they manage to shut him down good luck keeping Anasta at bay along with Corey Hughes and Jonathon Thurston(If He Plays) and also Matuia

lol if we shut shifty down the the dogs will be shot. i would hate to have anasta running the show. without sherwins tactical and long kicking game anasta will crumble. he's a running 5/8 and will feel it if sherwin is shut down completely.