What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

Crush

Coach
Dufty is as suspect as ever.

Don’t get me wrong, his try was one of the best solo tries I’ve seen. But the last try that he gifted them completely negated that.

He’s iffy with bombs, avoids contact and fails to support ball runners. He also has improved his ball skills and can create from nothing.

Has a lot of work to do to get himself up to scratch. Can’t see it happening under the coach though - he, like many fans, choose to ignore deficiencies and blow smoke up players’ ass.
But would you drop him for next week?
Surely not.

possm

Coach
I have no idea how you can say Dufty must go. It baffles me. Didn't you see that game yesterday?
Or are you saying that based on him dropping a screaming bomb and fumbling in contact that he needs to go? Don't worry that every time he ran the ball he was menacing and scored one of the best solo tries this season.

If Dufty has to go then you might as well get rid of Hunt while you are there because he dropped the pill a couple of times with no pressure on him rather than catching swirling bombs. And he didn't look menacing every time he ran!

Dufty is first selected.
Hunt was playing injured. One swallow does not make a summer. We lost because our coach is too soft and does not make the hard decisions. Dufty needs to build up and get his game in order. Yes is running in broken play is tops but his defence, positional play, taking the high ball and attack in traffic all need work.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Hunt was playing injured. One swan does not make a summer. We lost because our coach is too soft and does not make the hard decisions. Dufty needs to build up and get his game in order. Yes is running in broken play is tops but his defence, positional play, taking the high ball and attack in traffic all need work.
For the sake on sanity lets agree to disagree on Dufty. For me he is one of the most important players in our team.
For you he doesn't even make the team.
Noted and moving on.

BennyV

Referee
But would you drop him for next week?
Surely not.
I don’t think you’d drop him. But he’s definitely not the first picked and probably the weakest link in our spine. Potential is there and worth persevering with, but unless he gets some real development he will fizzle out in the next year or two.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don’t think you’d drop him. But he’s definitely not the first picked and probably the weakest link in our spine. Potential is there and worth persevering with, but unless he gets some real development he will fizzle out in the next year or two.

Yep, have to agree with this.

The issue is who will/could replace him?
Lomax seems destined under McGregor to play anywhere but fullback, but its where I'd play him.
Sailor is coming along in CC but defensively no better or worse than Dufty.
The hope may lay in the young kid playing for the Cherrypickers (his name escapes me). Big wraps as a fullback.

Hunt was playing injured. One swan does not make a summer. We lost because our coach is too soft and does not make the hard decisions. Dufty needs to build up and get his game in order. Yes is running in broken play is tops but his defence, positional play, taking the high ball and attack in traffic all need work.
I think the saying is "one swallow a summer does not make"

Crush

Coach
To me the appointment as a coaching adviser tells me things are no longer a given for Mary. I'd say it has finally registered that to fail in the last half of the season in the last 3 out of 4 is just not good enough.

I'm more confident than not that Mary has already been told that this is his last season at the big red V and that if he wants a contract with another club, he would have to do very well in 2019.
How did that work out?

LINESPEED

Juniors
For the sake on sanity lets agree to disagree on Dufty. For me he is one of the most important players in our team.
Noted and moving on.

Well said Crush

And I think the other junior speedster Jai has earned his stripes vs the Eels after scintillating form in CC

I’ve never bought into the size discrimination against him either.

Jai is 5’11” & Rav 6’.0”

Weight is less an issue when u have blistering speed & skill (he’s 86kg, Duff 80kg)

And I know who’d contest the high ball better & has footy smarts & can play anywhere in the backline

Should be a nobrainer
for NoBrain FFS

Last edited:

utility dragon

Juniors
Well said Crush

And I think the other junior speedster Jai has earned his stripes vs the Eels after scintillating form in CC

I’ve never bought into the size discrimination against him either.

Jai is 5’11” & Rav 6’.0”

Weight is less an issue when u have blistering speed & skill (he’s 86kg, Duff 80kg)

And I know who’d contest the high ball better & has footy smarts & can play anywhere in the backline

Should be a nobrainer
for NoBrain FFS
I like it!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Noted and moving on.

I must admit l'm pro Dufty.

Yes he has his faults but.... he will win us
more games than he will cost us.

Dufty is one of the few players in our team who can win us a game from out of no where.

For that reason alone, we must persist with him.

Crush

Coach
I must admit l'm pro Dufty.

Yes he has his faults but.... he will win us
more games than he will cost us.

Dufty is one of the few players in our team who can win us a game from out of no where.

For that reason alone, we must persist with him.
For me his only flaw is a lack of confidence under the high ball.
He just needs to address that and he's fine.

Crush

Coach
2019 to be the year it all falls apart and this puts an end to the McGregor charade. Players understand if their coach is not up to it. The players know and this is the year it boils to a head. We will miss the finals but the silver lining is that 2020 will see us compete very strongly. The De-Belin situation and the team being led by a player who doesn't want to be with us will severely erode morale resulting in a finish in the 13-18 place range. Mark my words!
When you posted this I thought you were off your head.
You were spot on. Besides the 18 team thing....

Latest posts