What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

nontime111

Juniors
The 2019 season is a wake-up call for Hunt. It's been a few years now since Hunt and Norman partnered in tha halves for the Broncos and so both players are now more mature and more experienced.

I am very excited about the prospect of these two players forming a great combination in the halves. Norman brings to the table the ability to manage the team, put key players through the line with crisp and accurate passes/kicks and close out a close game with a field goal or accurate kicking game.

Norman will relieve the pressure placed on Hunt who will relish the opportunity to just run and create opportunities on the right. I hope that both halves combine from time to time to put Widdop through the line. With Norman on board and in form, the Dragons have enormous variety in attack and unlimited opportunities to score some exiting tries.

The fans will again begin to jump to their feet when Pearson, Widdop, Lomax and Ravalawa break through the line off the end of some clever work from Norman and Hunt. Just watch for the ground attendance to quickly climb to full capacity for our home games.
OH YEAHH!! great post brother!! It only seems like a morbid seriously depressing yesterday when we had NO good halves, well, we had Widdy but he was having horror times trying to work out Benjis game then the HORRIFIC Mcgroan era....now we have 3 GUN halves!! HAPPY DAYS yes LOTS of points no win this lot!

possm

Coach
Widdop to do a Dugan in 2019,put the Pom at 4 and we win the comp. Sounds simple but too much head noise for our super coach

The things some would do to have Dufty at fullback. I say Widdop to fullback because he will do a better job of it in 2019. Dufty will come out of 2020 prepared for a long term contract at fullback or not prepared and move on.

Crush

Coach
The things some would do to have Dufty at fullback. I say Widdop to fullback because he will do a better job of it in 2019. Dufty will come out of 2020 prepared for a long term contract at fullback or not prepared and move on.
Widdop will play 6.
Mark My Words.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Widdop is just shards of dead wood in 2019, we won’t win the comp with McNoideaas coach, set the concrete foundations for a 2020 premiership

Belta

Juniors
Mary is renowned for being a safety first type of coach. I’d be surprised to see any drastic changes. I think Mary will start Norman at 14, and as the season progresses he will have various attempts at trialling Widdop at fullback (with Dufty shifted to 14) and Norman to five eight.

Old Timer

Coach
  • This season will be like all previous seasons under the great Mc Fookknuckle "infuriating & frustrating"
  • He will miss the obvious and do the ridiculous.
  • Norman will make selection policy difficult as he will be a bench player to start and Mc Fookknuckle will become increasingly confused as to how to use him aka The Mann Conundrum.
  • The press conferences will be even more embarrassing.
  • On a good note as I posted elsewhere Widdop will have a stellar year at 6 and be our best player.
Mark my words.

possm

Coach
Mary is renowned for being a safety first type of coach. I’d be surprised to see any drastic changes. I think Mary will start Norman at 14, and as the season progresses he will have various attempts at trialling Widdop at fullback (with Dufty shifted to 14) and Norman to five eight.

Safety would mean not having Dufty at the back unless of course he has improved his defence, positional play and taking of the high ball under pressure. If Dufty is not at the back, it would be Widdop for fullback and Norman at five-eighth mainly because Widdop has had more recent experience at fullback than Norman and that Norman is a better game manager.

Mary will be looking to make changes this season mainly because his strategies and game plan over the past two years just did not work. He will reflect on the attacking flair used by the Dragons in the semi final against Brisbane and seek to rely a lot more on flair in attack in 2019.

High energy and variety at the play the ball will necessitate a hooker rotation in 2019 which would result in Robson being selected on the bench in the 14 jumper. McInnes's and Robson's style of play are very different and so the ability to add more variety in attack may be just what Mary is looking for.

The real key to SGI's success in 2019 will be in the hands of our halves and outside backs. Although our forwards will still be relied on to get and remain on top during a game, the game management and slick passing and kicking game of our halves will be most important.

SGI fans will again become excited and jump to their feet in anticipation when Norman, Hunt, Lafai and Lomax deliver their crisp and accurate final pass to our speedy young wingers Pearson and Ravalawa.

Crush

Coach
  • This season will be like all previous seasons under the great Mc Fookknuckle "infuriating & frustrating"
  • He will miss the obvious and do the ridiculous.
  • Norman will make selection policy difficult as he will be a bench player to start and Mc Fookknuckle will become increasingly confused as to how to use him aka The Mann Conundrum.
  • The press conferences will be even more embarrassing.
  • On a good note as I posted elsewhere Widdop will have a stellar year at 6 and be our best player.
Mark my words.
Spot on.

Latest posts