What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mayor - Parra's greatest.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
parra pete said:
Thanks for that Twiz. Beautiful, some good reading there. I particularly like the comment by Peter Carver from Cessnock. Thanks for bringing that website to my attention.
Actually, Parra beat the South Africans 39-18 NOT the Poms on that afternoon, Tuesday July 30, 1963. I took half a day off from work and was there for it.
I can't remember things that happened last week, but I can remember , as clear as a bell, games and football personalities from the sixties. That era certainly made a huge impression on me.
I have just about completed a book that I am writing (for local consumption) on my experiences in town over the past 41 years, and I am amazed at the things that I can remember. I have written twenty chapters from memory, recalling incidents I found funny and some of the characters I have met along the way.
I was going to leave it at 20 - but I think I have another ten or so chapters left in me as I haven't touched on my memories over a wide range of sports as a participant, administrator, spectator and journalist.
Does anyone know why we can go back so far, yet can't recall the immediate past?
Is it to do with being an old goat and trying to recpature your youth?

"You know when you are getting old. First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to do up your fly, then you forget to undo it."

you're right, it was the Saffas

Quigly is the site owner and he's a regular in the NRL forum here

I'm sure he'd appreciate your input if you have anything to add to his site

there's some good stuff there on Noel Kelly and some of the other hard heads as well

parra pete

Referee
Thanks Twiz, but since I have retired from the work force, I have doctors appointments during January, February (In Albury same time as the Penrith trial) March, April and late May. I find real enjoyment just posting on this forum, and occasionally throwing a 'grenade' into the others :lol:
My book will take up a bit of time, and I intend to do a 'follow up' later on in 2008. As I said, the books will be for local consumption.
Also I have been asked by Cavalier Developments to co-ordinate the Pie in the Sky Gala weekends that we have planned for struggling Country teams in the first couple of weeks in July.
That will feature former origin greats from both QLD and NSW making guest appearances in Group football in Country NSW and QLD..
It has proved sensational out here in the past two years..when we have had David Furner, Andrew McFadden, Snoopy Collins, Gary Belcher and Darren Smith play for the local side. Jam packed crowds and a good money spinner for the Club. Have to organise Clubs, clearances and registrations before June 30..and time will creep up.

Latest posts