What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The meaning of a Cronulla premiership

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
In my previous post about Memories of the Sharkies, I want Cronulla to win and win well in memory of my friends who had affiliation with club.

As I'm living in Melbourne now, I had the pleasure of meeting the full Storm squad at where I work. They were there to wish the Islander boys in their quest for Yawnion's Wallaby tryouts.

Tahu Harris and Kevin Proctor aren't any bigger than me. Cam Smith surprised me. As big as me! A f**king hooker! I wanted to whisper in his ear "40 nil" but I held back.

Munster is a total tosser, otherwise the other dudes were true gentlemen.

Go dem f**king Sharkies!!!!!!

Cam Smith - Height 185cm, Weight 90kg
Kev Proctor - Height: 189cm, Weight: 105kg
Tohu Harris - Height 195cm, Weight 112kg

You must be a shape-shifter or you actually didn't get to stand next to these guys lol but I have to say all players seem smaller when you meet them in person than the size they look on the paddock.
So who's closest to your size? If it's Cam Smith it can't be the other two...:p

Don't care if you're going for the Sharks but good to see you think the storm guys are gentlemen (assuming you meant it). :D

cb4

First Grade
Both teams are still too close to their scandals for me to ever support them as a neutral

Storm are the same team and coach who rorted the cap. Sharks are still the same team and coach who decided to use peptides. Sharks are even worse because at least there is some believability in the coach and players of Storm not being aware of the illegal cap practices happening behind the scenes. And they copped a big punishment on the wrist and never really played the victim.

The players and coaches at Cronulla consciously injected drugs and then played the victim card the whole time after being caught

The 2016 is nothing like the 2011 team. Awful post.

MilkShark

First Grade
Both teams are still too close to their scandals for me to ever support them as a neutral

Storm are the same team and coach who rorted the cap. Sharks are still the same team and coach who decided to use peptides. Sharks are even worse because at least there is some believability in the coach and players of Storm not being aware of the illegal cap practices happening behind the scenes. And they copped a big punishment on the wrist and never really played the victim.

The players and coaches at Cronulla consciously injected drugs and then played the victim card the whole time after being caught
Sharks players didn't know they were taking illegal substances. But going by your train of thought, the Storm players consciously accepted money which was over the cap.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Lol. Your joking right? If stripping the Storm of 2 premierships, fining them millions of dollars and making them play 20 rounds for no points is turning a blind eye, then I would love to see what coming down hard on a team looks like.

And while the Sharks haven't rorted the cap, they did juice up all their players with performance enhancing drugs

Lol!

And if it hadn't been for the whistleblower revealing a second set of books, - (possibly threatening to go public with it) - you reckon the NRL wouldn't have let them get away with it all for the grand cause of Rugby League promotion in Victoria. - Which always has been an exercise in utter futility.

The_Shield

Juniors
Sharks players didn't know they were taking illegal substances. But going by your train of thought, the Storm players consciously accepted money which was over the cap.

Brian Waldron was telling everyone that he got exemptions from the salary cap (which can be given), when in actual fact he didn't. Why would the players and coach not believe him?

And I'm sure the Sharks players were told that the drugs were legal, but they weren't. The facts remain, the Storm cheated the cap and copped a massive penalty, while the sharks got a slap on the wrist

carcharias

Immortal
Brian Waldron was telling everyone that he got exemptions from the salary cap (which can be given), when in actual fact he didn't. Why would the players and coach not believe him?

And I'm sure the Sharks players were told that the drugs were legal, but they weren't. The facts remain, the Storm cheated the cap and copped a massive penalty, while the sharks got a slap on the wrist
Well they can wait until we've won the comp and had a big party
Then take it of us a few years later

MilkShark

First Grade

The players from the Storm and Sharks thought they were doing the right thing.

In the general scheme of things, Sharks gained zero advantage from what happened and in what was a much much much shorter time frame then the Storm who did it over a number of years and also won premierships from it.

cb4

First Grade

A slap on the wrist? We got a Million dollar fine, with $400k suspended depending on the outcome of the 18months that came after the punishment.
At the time, we were broke. The development money had not kicked in and we had to pony up $600k.
How that $600k came about was absolutely awful. Some people in the club were made redundant, some were not given bonus ect.

If we had won the premiership or minor premiership in 2011 or 2012 we would have had it stripped, Probably the case for 2013 as well.

I will agree that the players involved were let off very leniently, but that would have then opened a Pandora's box against the NRL with Unions ect.

The club itself though copped a lot. To say otherwise is not true at all.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

You must be a shape-shifter or you actually didn't get to stand next to these guys lol but I have to say all players seem smaller when you meet them in person than the size they look on the paddock.

Don't care if you're going for the Sharks but good to see you think the storm guys are gentlemen (assuming you meant it). :D
I weigh in at a tick under 100 kg at 186 cm. Being a fat old merkin who has lost his muscle tone, these dudes aren't much bigger than me.

Ever been anywhere near Dave "Cement" Gilllespie? He married a lifetime friend of mine, Dianne Gilligan. Looked like a monster on the field but in reality was a shortarse. And another quietly spoken true gentleman of the game.

betcats

Referee
It means is I have to pay my mate 500 bucks on a bet that's been running since the end of 2011. So after years of trolling and death riding the storm scum I will now actually be cheering Cameron "Three Contracts" Smith to win the GF. Carrn Smithy!

In my previous post about Memories of the Sharkies, I want Cronulla to win and win well in memory of my friends who had affiliation with club.

As I'm living in Melbourne now, I had the pleasure of meeting the full Storm squad at where I work. They were there to wish the Islander boys in their quest for Yawnion's Wallaby tryouts.

Tahu Harris and Kevin Proctor aren't any bigger than me. Cam Smith surprised me. As big as me! A f**king hooker! I wanted to whisper in his ear "40 nil" but I held back.

Munster is a total tosser, otherwise the other dudes were true gentlemen.

Go dem f**king Sharkies!!!!!!

After the game on Saturday, I watched Munster's lil interview. He singled out Smith, Cronk and Bellamy as being guys he loves working with. I thought "wow what a cliched wanker".

Not surprised to hear you say he's a tosser.

Wizardman

First Grade

I stood next to Paul Sironen when he was playing. A genuine HUGE motherf**ker. I was shocked as to how small Tim Brasher was though.

The_Shield

Juniors
After the game on Saturday, I watched Munster's lil interview. He singled out Smith, Cronk and Bellamy as being guys he loves working with. I thought "wow what a cliched wanker".

Not surprised to hear you say he's a tosser.

Wait so he's a wanker for saying he enjoys working with two of the best players in the game and one of the best coaches?

Latest posts