What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morgan Harper appreciation thread

Eelogical

Referee
Matterson I think is our most talented forward and has the potential to be no 1. The reality is he has mostly sat at about 5th or 6th in the rankings by season end.Maybe 4th was his best finish.
Overall he has been extremely dissapointing over the duration of the time he has been here.
He's not setting the world on fire and neither is Laney. Overall, we're working overtime for wins on the back of Gutho's drive. but, we're also missing opportunities as in Gutho's missed goal kick right on half time. Chinboy and co would have kicked that and others like it.

Gronk

Staff member
He's not setting the world on fire and neither is Laney. Overall, we're working overtime for wins on the back of Gutho's drive. but, we're also missing opportunities as in Gutho's missed goal kick right on half time. Chinboy and co would have kicked that and others like it.
The 79th min kick vs Tigers would have been handy.

Matto has been forever branded a merkin for his decision at the start of 2023 season (which he and the club tried to reverse before the season started IIRC, but bizarro-world NRL said no. I still don’t know how it would have impacted life and the universe if they allowed it). Anyway, it’s obvious from that situation some fans see that mistake/ brain fart as treasonous and would be happy to see the back of him, with the same attitudes sticking around 12 months on.

Personally I think it’s a narrow minded position as it would leave our squad undermanned and we would miss his versatility and long minutes greatly. Moreover, you would struggle to recruit a like for like player to replace him.

Noise

Coach
The 79th min kick vs Tigers would have been handy.

Matto has been forever branded a merkin for his decision at the start of 2023 season (which he and the club tried to reverse before the season started IIRC, but bizarro-world NRL said no. I still don’t know how it would have impacted life and the universe if they allowed it). Anyway, it’s obvious from that situation some fans see that mistake/ brain fart as treasonous and would be happy to see the back of him, with the same attitudes sticking around 12 months on.

Personally I think it’s a narrow minded position as it would leave our squad undermanned and we would miss his versatility and long minutes greatly. Moreover, you would struggle to recruit a like for like player to replace him.
You reckon we would have struggled to replace his 6 runs for 51m and his 13 tackles on Saturday?

Gronk

Staff member
You reckon we would have struggled to replace his 6 runs for 51m and his 13 tackles on Saturday?
Well he only played 22 mins, so if he kept that rate up and played 80 ..

22 runs
187m
47 tackles

#owngoal

Gronk

Staff member
Gronksplaining in 3................2....................1.........................
No I said it was silliness.

#Hineywatch

giphy.gif

So... I pretty much think Morgan is essentially a substitute Waqa.

Not end-days 100% f**k up Waqa, but when he first came to the Eels, and had some potential as a rocks and diamonds player - not just the rocks only player he ended up as.

I don't think Harper makes our first choice 2025 backline at all - Lomax, Penisini, and Talagi all probably do - but we have to have cheap back-ups.

Gronk

Staff member
So... I pretty much think Morgan is essentially a substitute Waqa.

Not end-days 100% f**k up Waqa, but when he first came to the Eels, and had some potential as a rocks and diamonds player - not just the rocks only player he ended up as.

I don't think Harper makes our first choice 2025 backline at all - Lomax, Penisini, and Talagi all probably do - but we have to have cheap back-ups.
With a bit of luck Dick Penisini and AMS get a full pre-season and have no lasting Dunster like effects of the ACL.

Is that a thing or should we expect a slow start for them ?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Well he only played 22 mins, so if he kept that rate up and played 80 ..

22 runs
187m
47 tackles

#owngoal
Why is our most talented forward (Hindy111, 2024) only playing 22 mins? Is he injured? He also would have missed 8 tackles if we want to extrapolate that stat.

With a bit of luck Dick Penisini and AMS get a full pre-season and have no lasting Dunster like effects of the ACL.

Is that a thing or should we expect a slow start for them ?
I don't expect them to start back at their best - seems like a major injury from which recovery can go either way.

But potential back-ups all being well, though I'm thinking more 2026 with a full year of Cup behind them?

Gronk

Staff member
Why is our most talented forward (Hindy111, 2024) only playing 22 mins? Is he injured? He also would have missed 8 tackles if we want to extrapolate that stat.
I did see that Reg, Jnr and Offa all played increased minutes which meant that as a middle Rhino played less (well played the same as Luka). Both edges played 80m and Hoppy played 60m.

I guess it could mean he was either nursing something or having a light week or maybe just a f**king bludger sitting on the bench thinking only about himself and counting his money !!!!
angered.gif

emjaycee

Coach
Nice first half from Morgs... done nothing wrong and is keeping Olakuato in check with Sanders help.
He fights hard with the ball in hand too.