What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Name

attamarrap

Juniors
I have it from a good source that the new gold coast team will be called the Titans you heard it here first

Kingytek

Juniors
attamarrap said:
I have it from a good source that the new gold coast team will be called the Titans you heard it here first

And out of everyone in the world, how does it work out that only you know?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Goal Cast Titans. I like that name.

"Greek Mythology. One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus"

...Family if giants. Descendant's of the Gold Coast Giants lol.

Vicious

Bench
They should just take Redliffe to court and reclaim the Dolphins name??? You can`t beat the Dolphins as a name for a GC side, it symbolises the GC, not Brisbane???

Kingytek

Juniors
attamarrap said:

I hope your right tho, Gold Coast Titans works for me!

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Vicious said:
They should just take Redliffe to court and reclaim the Dolphins name??? You can`t beat the Dolphins as a name for a GC side, it symbolises the GC, not Brisbane???

Bring it on dipsh*t. Why do you think the Gold Coast backed down? Not out of the goodness of their hearts I'll tell you. Redcliffe is proceding with the trademark and the Gold Coast know there's not a thing they can do about it.

By the way check a map Sid - Redcliffe is not in Brisbane and is on the water - hence OUR name.

DIEHARD

----
Stewbum said:
Bring it on dipsh*t. Why do you think the Gold Coast backed down? Not out of the goodness of their hearts I'll tell you. Redcliffe is proceding with the trademark and the Gold Coast know there's not a thing they can do about it.

By the way check a map Sid - Redcliffe is not in Brisbane and is on the water - hence OUR name.

If Redcliffe are so smart and rich why wasn't the name and the name of their leagues club registered before this issue? Gross incompetance and unprofessionalism.

The Gold Coast would have won in court and have been called the Gold Coast Dolphins. But it wasn't worth the bad publicity, negative press, loss of traditional fans, loss of the support of the QRL and throwing all the money to the lawyers. Especially when their goal was to get into the NRL.

In no way were the Gold Coast intending to trade under or pass off on the supposed repuatation of Redcliffe. With 90% of the general population ignorant of the Recliffe Dolphins existance. They even had a completely different logo designed, would be playing in a completely different competition, in completely different colours, hundreds of kilometres away from Redcliffe with a completely different geographic name.

Having similar names in rugby leagye is a fact of life, deal with it. (Especially when dealing with common and unoriginal animals or mascots, Dolphins, Magpies, Brothers, Lions, Tigers, Seagulls, Eagles, Panthers, Jets.) And if Redcliffe aren't going to join the NRL in the future, I'll be pissed off.

The Gold Coast and many many other people didn't consider it an issue, obviously it was. It was talked about and provisions and compromises were offered. The Gold Coast weighed up the good and the bad. And decided it wasn't worth it. Why piss off so many people, why go through the negative press, why throw away money, when you don't have to and all you want is to be in the NRL and you can easily just pick another one.

But don't pretend that the Gold Coast not could have done it if they wanted. They did the right thing and I wish more people in the world were as reasonable as them.

The Gold Coast did the right thing and backed down, be grateful, stop prancing around like an arrogant prick.

Razor

Coach
They even had a completely different logo designed, would be playing in a completely different competition, in completely different colours, hundreds of kilometres away from Redcliffe with a completely different geographic name.

Yes it was absolute pathetic behaviour from Redcliffe

You didn't hear the Burleigh Bears complain about the Central Coast nickname being the Bears.

You don't hear the East Coast Tigers complain about the West Tigers nickname being the Tigers

Godz Illa

Coach
Hot off the press - Herman Boone has been appointed the new coach. John Cartwright will be the dejected, yet stoic defensive co-ordinator.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
If Redcliffe are so smart and rich why wasn't the name and the name of their leagues club registered before this issue? Gross incompetance and unprofessionalism.

The Gold Coast would have won in court and have been called the Gold Coast Dolphins. But it wasn't worth the bad publicity, negative press, loss of traditional fans, loss of the support of the QRL and throwing all the money to the lawyers. Especially when their goal was to get into the NRL.

In no way were the Gold Coast intending to trade under or pass off on the supposed repuatation of Redcliffe. With 90% of the general population ignorant of the Recliffe Dolphins existance. They even had a completely different logo designed, would be playing in a completely different competition, in completely different colours, hundreds of kilometres away from Redcliffe with a completely different geographic name.

Having similar names in rugby leagye is a fact of life, deal with it. (Especially when dealing with common and unoriginal animals or mascots, Dolphins, Magpies, Brothers, Lions, Tigers, Seagulls, Eagles, Panthers, Jets.) And if Redcliffe aren't going to join the NRL in the future, I'll be pissed off.

The Gold Coast and many many other people didn't consider it an issue, obviously it was. It was talked about and provisions and compromises were offered. The Gold Coast weighed up the good and the bad. And decided it wasn't worth it. Why piss off so many people, why go through the negative press, why throw away money, when you don't have to and all you want is to be in the NRL and you can easily just pick another one.

But don't pretend that the Gold Coast not could have done it if they wanted. They did the right thing and I wish more people in the world were as reasonable as them.

The Gold Coast did the right thing and backed down, be grateful, stop prancing around like an arrogant prick.

You have an amazing penchant for self deception on this issue Diehard. Never let the facts get in the way of your Gold Coast spin.....

Paullyboy

Coach
Razor said:
Yes it was absolute pathetic behaviour from Redcliffe

You didn't hear the Burleigh Bears complain about the Central Coast nickname being the Bears.

You don't hear the East Coast Tigers complain about the West Tigers nickname being the Tigers

The reason they kicked up a big stink is because Redcliffe are absolutely loaded with money and hence think they are a chance of making an NRL bid one day. And when that day comes they want to be what they always have been - the Dolphins.

Burleigh and Easts are never going to have the funds or location respectively to put together an NRL team.

Razor

Coach
The reason they kicked up a big stink is because Redcliffe are absolutely loaded with money and hence think they are a chance of making an NRL bid one day. And when that day comes they want to be what they always have been - the Dolphins.

Burleigh and Easts are never going to have the funds or location respectively to put together an NRL team.

Easts certainly do have the funds.

And Redcliffe is to small for an NRL team. If Redcliffe ever want to be admitted to the NRL they'd have to relocate to Brisbane.

How about....

Gold Coast Bears Killers?

I hope the GC fall on their ar$e, like they have done when it was the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers.

Bears forever Gold Coast never.

Razor

Coach
I hope the GC fall on their ar$e, like they have done when it was the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers

The Giants didn't die. They changed their name when they got a new sponsor (The Seagulls Leagues club)

The Chargers did not die. They had more money than most. The NRL kicked them out as part of the ARL-News Ltd alliance, which guarenteed the Broncos exclusivity in SE-QLD

The Bears died though

DIEHARD

----
Henson Park Hornets said:
How about....

Gold Coast Bears Killers?

I hope the GC fall on their ar$e, like they have done when it was the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers.

Bears forever Gold Coast never.

Hey buddy! :nwave:

attamarrap

Juniors
Kingytek said:
And out of everyone in the world, how does it work out that only you know?
hey I just thought everyone might like to know I know a few people from seagulls and they told me maybe they're just bullsh!tting but I dont think so