What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NBA thread

weasel

First Grade
How bad did Minnesota finish against New Jersey yesterday, they fell apart in the final quarter. Jason Kidd absolutely tore them apart with a huge triple double, he's probably one of my fave players to watch just for the way he controls the game and his teammates. Now I'm just worried the T-wolves are gonna take out their frustration on the Raptors today :? .

Cavs will certainly be one of the teams to watch over the next few years, if LeBron can bring this kind of game now what's he gonna be doing in four years?

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Yeah, the T-Wolves were bad in the last quater, the Nets will miss K-Mart badly thou...

Le Bron has stepped up is game from the preseason like a vet.....

Mighty Tiger

Bench
How about Indiana coming from behind against Atlanta....

It also appears that the Bulls can start off well but just don't seem to be able to hold the same intensity for much longer than the first 6mins of each quarter

The Kings well lost yesterday but are still 2-1 which I'm happy with so far...

Iverson continues to play whilst injured and this guy really does show dedication to his team even though they have lost there last 2 games

thewizard1o1

Juniors
I was very happy with the Nuggets game against the Kings, i'm sure that the Kings having played against the 76ers the night before were tired. But hey a wins a win :D

I think G-Rob is back for the next game after his suspension...so maybe ai will have a couple of games off....

weasel

First Grade
What have people made of the Lakers so far? Payton seems to be making it his team so far, the big four have all been getting decent numbers so it seems like they're sharing the workload around quite well. Even Devean George seems to have been playing alright.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
thewizard1o1 said:
I was very happy with the Nuggets game against the Kings, i'm sure that the Kings having played against the 76ers the night before were tired. But hey a wins a win :D

I think G-Rob is back for the next game after his suspension...so maybe ai will have a couple of games off....

Yeah the Kings did look a little stuffed to be honest, I was surprised how they failed to do much in the last quarter but hey thats basketball for you isn't it

I have supported the kings all my life but since AI joined the 76ers, I now have a soft spot for them..

Robbinson should help things and take a hell of alot of preassure of AI, and your right he is due back for there next game against Portland tomorrow. I think AI should be rested but at the end of the day its his call and I get the feeling he really wants to try and get the 76ers off to a start the really do need..

Good luck to Shane Heal as he goes up against my Lakers in about 15 minutes time. He's going to need it.

The Lakers are going alright so far. Probably 7 out of 10. Their defense hasn't been great so far, but they are constantly getting 6 players in double figures. AND, they've still got Fox to come back.

I feel a bit sorry for Dallas at the moment. They are not gelling very well so far. Only one good game for the season so far.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Good luck to Shane Heal as he goes up against my Lakers in about 15 minutes time. He's going to need it.

The Lakers are going alright so far. Probably 7 out of 10. Their defense hasn't been great so far, but they are constantly getting 6 players in double figures. AND, they've still got Fox to come back.

I feel a bit sorry for Dallas at the moment. They are not gelling very well so far. Only one good game for the season so far.

Heal hasn't started well at all in the NBA but hey things could get better for him ...

The Lackers are going well as expected but hey anything could happen, the Hammer could pound down a few 3pt shots and help the Spurs to win the match

On Dallas they are going abit like Indiana, not playing very well but playing like a team just starting the season.

It is a long year and they could provide some sort of cohesion as the season goes on....

EELS13

Juniors
My Raptors are struggling BIG time on the offensive. Kevin O'Neill has them defending like thieves but i cant for the life of me see where we can score points after Vince Carter. Our offence is virtually non existent !!!Lammond Murray has been stone cold (although a year out of the games injured can do that to you.) and Alvin Williams can no longer play through the pain of the countless injuries he is suffering from. I sense trades coming up.... with a bit of talk about a trade with Portland sending us Bonzi Wells and Rasheed Wallace. I cant see us having the talent to return such players, but if its true about the Blazers wanting to get rid of there bad reputationed players, who knows !!!
I still think the Raps can turn it around, and they have had a shocking draw, so far facing the Nets, Wolves, Lakers, Blazers in there first 8 games, with next against the Kings !!!

Camelwise

Juniors
EELS13 said:
My Raptors are struggling BIG time on the offensive. Kevin O'Neill has them defending like thieves but i cant for the life of me see where we can score points after Vince Carter.
Mate lets hope 'Air Canada' stays healthy.

raz

Juniors
I never really thought there would be so much talent spread around the NBA finally some players are stepping up compared to the way they played last season.

WEST dominating the EAST sucks how long will this go on for??

TMACS team are 1-9 why?????????

weasel

First Grade
Big news in the NBA today with the League announcing a realignment from the start of next season, in time for the inclusion of the 30th Franchise, the Charlotte Bobcats.

Full Story is here

There will now be three divisions in each conference, structured as such:

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division: Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Raptors

Central Division: Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks

Southeast Division: Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards

Western Conference

Southwest Division: Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Hornets, San Antonio Spurs

Northwest Division: Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Seattle SuperSonics, Utah Jazz

Pacific Division: Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings

Some of these divisions look like they'll be significantly stronger than others when this change first comes into place. The worst of the bunch is the Southeast Division. :shock: The only team that looks semi-competitive from there is currently riding a 9 game losing streak.

raz

Juniors
Other news late today Doc Rivers fired unfortunately had to happen after a 10 game loing streak.

the southeast will get better in a couple of years though but next season the magic could be third in the east

:?

other news: shane heal has been released by the san antanio spurs to make room for anthony carter to come off the Injured reserve list and for the signing of new zealander sean marks who will be moved to the injured reserve list.

EELS13

Juniors
I think Doc Rivers will find himself in Illinois coaching the Bulls.
There is no way Bill Cartright is the man to lead a team stacked with talent like the Bulls. If they can get it together, watch out East.
Having Curry anf Chandler make a coupler of bigs that could be unmatched in the Conference.
And as for the re-allignment, how weak is the Southeast Division going to be ?? 1 team from each division makes the playoffs, so one weak team (on this years form) goes to the playoffs. On the same token, the Atlantic division looks the strongest in the the East with great rivalries sure to follow !!!

Big Bunny

Juniors
El Coconuto said:
Are there any NCAA fans in here? Basketball is my love, but I am more inclined to support the NCAA Competition than the NBA. Call me crazy, but I just love the adrenalin rush everytime I watch the young blokes play.

On a professional level though, I'm really worried about my team (Orlando Magic). If Tracy McGrady isn't healthy, than neither are our play-off hopes, amongst other things.

Ahhh wells, bring on the new season!

I like to watch college hoops. I actually enjoy watching it more than the NBA, but then I also prefer the NBL and the Euro leagues to the showboating drama queens in the NBA. Currently though Australia has a bonafide star in the making, playing out of Utah. Remember the name Andrew Bogut as he'll probably be the first Aussie to make the top 5 in NBA draft. He lead the junior Aussies to gold at the World Championships, was the tournament MVP and is now close to being the no.1 player in the Mountain West conference after having played only 3 games. He last posted 19 points and 18 rebounds with about 7 assists and is averaging well over a double double per game. What's more interesting is that his Aussie jnrs teammate Aaron Bruce who top scored in te Aussie win over the US has just signed for Baylor. The future of the Boomers looks to be in good hands, especially since Bogut has already been selected by Goorjian for the Olympics. I'm not sure if he has even turned 19 yet.

bucko

Juniors
Well the 76ers have been disappointing so far :( Ahh well, cannot win them all, we'll be back! I hope...

El Coconuto

Bench
Big Bunny said:
Currently though Australia has a bonafide star in the making, playing out of Utah. Remember the name Andrew Bogut as he'll probably be the first Aussie to make the top 5 in NBA draft. He lead the junior Aussies to gold at the World Championships, was the tournament MVP and is now close to being the no.1 player in the Mountain West conference after having played only 3 games. He last posted 19 points and 18 rebounds with about 7 assists and is averaging well over a double double per game. What's more interesting is that his Aussie jnrs teammate Aaron Bruce who top scored in te Aussie win over the US has just signed for Baylor. The future of the Boomers looks to be in good hands, especially since Bogut has already been selected by Goorjian for the Olympics. I'm not sure if he has even turned 19 yet.

I went to watch the Emu's play the Kiwi's at the beginning of the year and saw first hand the capabilities of the man in question. In conjurance with what Big Bunny has said, I can only agree that Andrew Bogut will be a superstar and an almost certain Top Five draft pick (assuming he lingers around until at least his sophmore year). I was actually watching ESPN2 on Thursday night and by chance the University of Utah was playing against the University of Minnesota. Once again, Bogut was impressive and got nothing but wraps by the commentators!

Unfortunately he plays for the University of Utah! Being a BYU fan, it just makes things that much more interesting!

Rivalry week is coming soon as well!

BYU Cougars vs Utah Utes! BRING IT BABY!

EdBurton

Juniors
For a team who's "best 3" are Carlos Arroyo, Matt Harpring and Andre Kirilenko, the Jazz are 7-6!!!
I've been saying for a couple of years that Jerry Sloan should have been Coach of the Year, but surely if he get this team to the playoffs he'd HAVE to get it!!!!

Latest posts