What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NBA thread

The thing in the 76ers favour is that the East is not going very well at all this year. I'm surprised Indiana is travelling the way they are, but apart from them no-one is really impressing me much. Then again, I'd love to see Iverson miss the playoffs. :lol:

My Lakers appear to be travelling better with O'Neal which is a surprise. But I wish they'd offload that Derek Fisher. His shots are actually UP and FG% down this year despite playing 10 minutes less.

I saw Andre Kirilenko play in Toronto in Aug 2002, against Canada as a warmup game before the Worlds. He is a tremendous athlete and a very good player. But good point about coach Jerry Sloan, he's been turning out winning seasons for a long time, but to keep winning without Stockton and Malone will be even more impressive. I'm old enough to have seen Sloan play for the Bulls in the 70s - he was a tough hard-nosed defensive player, much like the way he coaches.

EdBurton

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
I saw Andre Kirilenko play in Toronto in Aug 2002, against Canada as a warmup game before the Worlds. He is a tremendous athlete and a very good player. But good point about coach Jerry Sloan, he's been turning out winning seasons for a long time, but to keep winning without Stockton and Malone will be even more impressive. I'm old enough to have seen Sloan play for the Bulls in the 70s - he was a tough hard-nosed defensive player, much like the way he coaches.

Kirilenko is a good player, but still young and finding his feet, and Sloan is really making these guys step up and they're now at 9-6 and playing in the west!
They've just really impressed me this season...

raz

Juniors
Damn Lakers if there champions this season im giving up on the NBA maybe

Big Bunny

Juniors
Further from my earlier post about Andrew Bogut at Utah, he has been playing well in the Mountain West Conference averaging a double double per game and coming close to a triple double once already, His average may dip dip beneath that eventually because they often pull him off the court to give other guys a run when the Utes have a big lead.

A couple of other Aussie guys who look like good NBA prospects are Luke Schenscher who plays for Georgia Tech and is short listed for the Boomers and the other guy is Martin Iti from Melbourne who is playing NCAA II with Charlotte. He was rated the no.1 high school prospect in the US for his age.

Latest posts