What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next big thing

parra pete

Referee
[qu ote="Jake the snake"]Parra Pete its true u are Crazy[/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
These are definately a good bunch of young players, whether we can keep them all together though is another matter. It's one thing to have the talent, but hanging onto them is always tricky, let's hope we don't make the same mistakes of the past.

strider

Post Whore
Do u think maybe the reserve graders from other clubs are just fill ins till the kids are old/mature/experienced enough to make the jump to first grade?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Probably, or the fact that Smith wants to mould them into regular first graders. If Parra was to sign reserve graders they should sign them from clubs who are higher on the ladder than us.

Eels Dude

Coach
To me that is just a waste of money. Why buy players who aren't going to have a future with the club? The money is better of spending on retaining quality players we do have.

The Colonel

Immortal
I think we have been a bit harsh on some of these players. Muckert and Muspratt whilst Cowboys were among their seventeen on a regular basis and when fit so was Langi at the Storm. Pai hasn't had much of an oppurtunity and whilst a few haven't gone as well as expected McKinnon has been most impressive. Pearson IMO has been probably the "dud" buy so far but not through any fault of his own. Depth was our biggest problem last year and Smith tried to rectify that by signing players who while wouldn't be playing regular first grade they would increase our depth while allowing our junior players the time to mature. It may not have paid off however its better to blood youngsters now then in round 1 and have them fall over before the seasons ends. ;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
I agree with you Colonel. I do think Muckert and Muspratt will prove to be good buys, when fit both are strong and have a good work ethic and utility value.

Parraren

Bench
That's right, and remember, when Chris Thorman was asked earlier in the year "Why can Parramatta win the comp this year" his reply was......."we have Shane Muspratt".

parra pete

Referee
parra pete said:
How many can we sign to contracts? How can you stop predator Clubs like Manly? especially when you have blokes like Peter Peters, the CEO and a broadcaster casting aspersions on the Eels Club.
I believe he posed questions to ex players about their time at the Eels that were aimed at causing disharmony. He should be charged by the NRL for bringing the game into dis repute at the very least the Parramatta Club should write a very strongly worded letter to the Manly Club.
Peters is another bloke who was first given his opportunity in football by the Eels Club. His best mate, Greg Hartley, another Parra favorite!!!!!
"I'll tell you a tale about Manly Warringah, the team with the League wrapped around their finger, in the grand final they wanted to be, so XXXXXXX went and brought them a XXXXXXXXX" and so on and so on. I have a VERY long memory.
Some memories just won't die.......

Still feel the same TODAY. With Lyon a reported signing..just another reason...to get our back up against the predators...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jake I think you have pat yourself on the back enough now. Not that hard to see which lower graders have promise. I debate whether you actually got 70%. Only Ben Smith, Brett Delaney, Jack Afamasaga and Tim Smith have played regular first grade and Jack was only due to a large amount of injuries. I'd call that 40% which is a fail.

Kreative kev

Juniors
How many can we sign to contracts? How can you stop predator Clubs like Manly? especially when you have blokes like Peter Peters, the CEO and a broadcaster casting aspersions on the Eels Club.
I believe he posed questions to ex players about their time at the Eels that were aimed at causing disharmony. He should be charged by the NRL for bringing the game into dis repute at the very least the Parramatta Club should write a very strongly worded letter to the Manly Club.
Peters is another bloke who was first given his opportunity in football by the Eels Club. His best mate, Greg Hartley, another Parra favorite!!!!!
"I'll tell you a tale about Manly Warringah, the team with the League wrapped around their finger, in the grand final they wanted to be, so XXXXXXX went and brought them a XXXXXXXXX" and so on and so on. I have a VERY long memory.

Kreative kev

Juniors
Some memories just won't die
hi parra Pete. I know this is an old thread but I haven’t seen or heard that poem since the 80,s. I can only remember the first 3 & the very last paragraphs. Is there anywhere that you know of that I can find the full version? It’s was a great poem.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Tim Smith: He is the next big thing trust me. Promoted to 1st div this week
Feleti Mateo: Promoted to1st grade 18th man
Jack Afasmanga Promoted to 1st grade
Weller Huraki- Jersey Flegg only a matter of time
Josh Cordoba-Promoted to 1st div
Ben Smith-Promoted to 1st div
Brett Anderson-Promoted to 1st grade
Blake Green-Promoted to Jersey Flegg. Has a great future
Ryan Hinchcliff- Tough as nails
Brett delaney- Injury prone but shows huge promise.
Woosh

Latest posts