What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The nine players under the most pressure in 2016

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think that's a fair list.

I think RTS should be sweet. He'll have a big forward pack, a great halfback, and a great hooker to work with. They all compliment each other, similarly to when he was at the Roosters. Personally I can see him getting better.

I don't really think Sezer will be under much pressure, in fact i'd probably say the pressure is on Austin to really back up his form from this year. Sezer will only help that with his kicking game and organisation of the side. If they can strike up a really good combination the Raiders will go a long way.

Maloney's biggest issue will be acclimatising with a new playing group and style. Luckily for him, and much like RTS, he'll be going to a team that has a big forward pack, a good fullback and hooker. Finding a halves partner will be another thing though, i'm not sure if Chad Townsend will compliment him.

Foran really needs to step up and not only be a dominant half but the dominant player for Parramatta. Do I think he can do it? Sure, but it'll take some time. Having played in such a great squad, he'll have his work cut out for him at Parra. Wouldn't surprise me if they missed the finals and he has an average year.

Hodkinson might be found out as the halfback he is, a jack of all trades but master of none. He's alright I guess, has his moments. Kind of reminds me of Bernard Foley of the Waratahs/Wallabies. His best quality is his ice cool temperament. Behind an underdone forward pack at Newcastle, he might struggle though.

Personally I think Watmough's done. He's just too old, too injury prone, and there aren't really any additions to the team that would help his cause, it's all personal stuff. He'll end up being an average signing for Parra but he gives it his all, and I can only give him credit for that. Best form is well behind him.

It'll be interesting to see how Mitchell Pearce goes without Maloney. It's shown over the years that the Roosters only perform with a good 5/8 next to him, i.e. Carney and Maloney. This time around, he'll be the senior half. His performances week in week out will be critical.

Ben Hunt will start off slow but by season's end will be as dominant as ever. I think he'll use his GF blunder as motivation and will try to lead the Broncos to the Minor Premiership and Grand Final again. He just needs to fix his kicking game and he'll be one of the best halves in the league. Milford is under just as much pressure imo.

With no experienced 5/8 (not counting Jamie Lyon, he's a centre and a 5/8 fill in at best) DCE will be under a huge amount of pressure to steer the team around. So long as his forwards get going, and he gets at least a decent 5/8 to work with, he'll do alright. Can't see anything amazing happening at Manly, but he won't do too badly.

I don't envy RTS. He has to go in and basically lead the Warriors to the finals after the massive failure that was Sam Tomkins.

Absolute tripe .
Tompkins did ok .
Most normal people would say when Shaun Johnson went down so did any hope of the Warriors making the 8 .
They looked a good chance to play finals till then .
If he gets injured next yr RTS will suddenly become one of the best playmakers in the game & set up tries .
You sir are a goose .

Incorrect

Coach
I thought Farah would be there, given he has the end of his career to fight for

You'll have to wait for the "The 9 NSW Cup players under the most pressure in 2016" article... he'll be in good company alongside the likes of Peter Wallace, Anthony Watmough and the great Taniela Lasalo to name just a few...

Noname36

First Grade
Not sure why Hodkinson would be under pressure. He's going into a side that got the spoon this year and had their main half out for pretty much all year. They're probably going to improve from that position a bit even if Hodkinson does literally nothing...and if they manage to go even worse then most will probably blame it on the shit roster around him, not Hodkinson.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I, for one can't wait for the Manly after game press conferences.
Starring that highly intellectual, wordsmith from Shellharbour, the great Trent Barrett.
He needs to go down the path of Bennett and say nothing or it will surely be worthy of his own weekly thread.

Thought he spoke quite well on Fox a while back on 360 I think it was.

MarkC

Juniors
We should have a nomination from each club.
Josh Reynolds for the Dogs, closely followed by T-Rex.
I half expect one or both of these guys to play most of the season in NSW Cup.

True they may not be under pressure in the NRL, but only because they are not playing.
Or when they are playing they will be under pressure to perform or they might lose their spot.

But they will not be a victim of high expectations like RTS.

So perhaps my post should be in a separate thread.

BM1979

Juniors
Josh Reynolds should be on the list too IMO. I personally think we let the wrong bloke go.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Starring that highly intellectual, wordsmith from Shellharbour, the great Trent Barrett.
He needs to go down the path of Bennett and say nothing or it will surely be worthy of his own weekly thread.

Barrett is from Temora...

JJ

Immortal
Think there will be more pressure on Johnson at the Warriors tbh... he has to recover from the injury and prove that he's more than a fair weather player at club level...

Frankus

Juniors

The Manly v Knights post game press conference has the potential to be a cracker...

Latest posts