What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Offer is $500,000

antonius

Coach
Just read in Brett Keebles column that the Knights have upped their initial offer of $350,000 per season for Andrew Johns, to $500,000 per season on a two year deal. What does everyone think?

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i think they shouldve offered him a bit less than 500,000.
i just dont want to lose other important players.
joey is worth alot adn i dont think teh johns era is over, its still got a year or two at least to go. he can help the team wins more premierships and help develope young players.

could someone please post a list of players off contract this year?

the_knights_rule

First Grade
ok thanks antonius, i didnt read too much of the topics on signing players cos i cant make up my mind on who i want the knights to sign adn for how much!

antonius

Coach
I think maybe BK, Parso, and O'Davis, may have to be released to get all the others that are off contract.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I didn't think they had offered him that. Maybe I read it wrong, knowing me that's probebly what's happened :lol:
I think that's too much. I think like you said antonius that they would have to cut those players to keep the rest.

Timana's girl

Juniors
i would like to keep tahu still. i think odavis and bk should b on match payments. their time isnt up yet, but they dont play oftern so i think paying them for games that they play is fair, they still have atleast one more season in them.

its great that the club offerd joey that, he would be getting offered heaps by other clubs too, i hope we can keep him.

Now that woolnough is about to sign, i think we need to sign tahu and kidley for 3 seasons also.

Alex28

Coach
way too much...i'm just stunned that the club is prepared to sacrifice some of the future of the club for two years out of a guy who hasn't finished the last 3 seasons...you are telling me he is on MORE than what he has been for the last 4 years?

i'd suggest this means goodbye to BK if they want to keep Kidley, Wooly or Tahu.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I think he's worth every cent. I know most people on here will disagree with me, but I think $500 000 is fair enough. Now it's just a matter of whether he accepts that or not.

misty

Juniors
If he could play a full season or even half the season yeah its worth it, but the facts are he doesn't, same with BK and O Davis so I can't see how he's worth it.

Kaz

junior
LMFAO

A fool & their money are soon parted.

What players will now leave the Knights, if this story is correct.

mmm

Hope Joey can play the WHOLE season on this money.

If the story is correct the Knights are dumber then what I thought.

bluesbreaker

Bench
"If the story is correct the Knights are dumber then what I thought."

A very elegant response for a Queenslander. All class, Kaz, all class.