What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Ron Jeremy

Coach
So far i'm really happy, we got the best CB in the draft and Hardy is the big/quick WR we needed.

Just hope we go another WR in the 3rd, TE at 4th.

chargers pick..27th? whens that coming up? we will be looking at a CB i think.

Antoine Cason out of Arizona. CB.

not a bad pick. i know nothing about him but we did need a CB.

Big Tim

First Grade
Thankyou Atlanta!!!!

The Skins got the WR they were after and dont have to pay him first round money.

dragonfire

Bench
man when Dorsey fell to 5 i was so hoping that KC would take the NO trade so we could land him. Not disappointed with Ellis though. Thats the first time i have seen the draft and to be honest seemed pretty boring and slow, i dont see why they cant get away with 5 minute selection periods which in my eyes is plenty.

Stoked we got Ron Rice...he's gonna be massive!

best value pick in the draft, i watched him a few times play for rutgers and he was the bomb. Now the Ravens possibly have a great qb/rb combo for the next 12 years. a very strong draft for the ravens so far.

eastsrule

Bench
whats the story on Jake Long is he right for the number 1 pick ?

By all accounts he is a very good player.

In saying that, it was more of a need pick by the Dolphins than value.

McFadden seemed to be the best athlete in the draft and then you had Dorsey who is an absolute dominating monster and Gholston who just carved up the combine who could have been a more "helpful pick at 1.

But the Dolphins don't have an O-Line. So they simply had to draft one and they got the best one in the draft.

By all accounts he is a very good player.

In saying that, it was more of a need pick by the Dolphins than value.

McFadden seemed to be the best athlete in the draft and then you had Dorsey who is an absolute dominating monster and Gholston who just carved up the combine who could have been a more "helpful pick at 1.

But the Dolphins don't have an O-Line. So they simply had to draft one and they got the best one in the draft.

you can get need picks in the 2nd round though ahh im not keen on them at all

i think jake long is good, but look at it this way. in 2004 the raiders went with a "safe" need pick for their first round pick (2nd overall). and they picked up OT Robert Gallery, who has been a huge bust so far and we passed on the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Roy Williams, Deangelo Hall, Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathon Vilma, Lee Evans & Tommie Harris among many others. still pisses me off lol.

i think jake long is good, but look at it this way. in 2004 the raiders went with a "safe" need pick for their first round pick (2nd overall). and they picked up OT Robert Gallery, who has been a huge bust so far and we passed on the likes of Larry Fitzgerald, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Roy Williams, Deangelo Hall, Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathon Vilma, Lee Evans & Tommie Harris among many others. still pisses me off lol.

that makes me feel so much better :sarcasm:

kurt faulk

Coach

can' be too disappointed with the rams picks.

got the end rusher they needed (although by all accounts dorsey is a beast and would've been #1 if not for his injury) and the first wr off the board, a speedster who fits saunders offense perfectly (a younger version of torry holt).

dragonfire

Bench
anyone saying Dorsey went down due to his injury are kidding themselves, the guy got chopblocked and then still went on and played out the full season. Every pick before him was more need rather than BPA as he is/was the best player in the draft

Noa

First Grade
Vince Young knows how King Richard felt "A WR, A WR my kingdom for a WR".

FFS thy had the pick of any wide-reciever they wanted and they took a 5"11 running back from East Carolina (?)

kurt faulk

Coach

yes we all know chris long was a pr excercise but he filled a need so it's not the end of the world.

and you have to wonder about the titans. maybe they have their eyes on a vet wr.

eastsrule

Bench

yes we all know chris long was a pr excercise but he filled a need so it's not the end of the world.

and you have to wonder about the titans. maybe they have their eyes on a vet wr.

Troy Brown is available.

Maybe they will trade for Chad Johnson or Boldin.