What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Mal Meninga

Bench
whats the story on Jake Long is he right for the number 1 pick ?
Left tackle is the most important position on the field other than QB, some say it's just as important after seeing David Carr, Tim Couch and dare I say Alex Smith bust at #1 without a good line. Alot of the draft pundits feel that J. Long will not be in the same class as Ogden, Pace, Boselli, Jones, Joe Thomas etc who were LT's drafted in the top 5 and gone on to have HOF type careers. However he was the best player available on the Fins board but if Ronnie Brown isn't recovered than missing out on Run DMC will hurt alot.

eastsrule

Bench
Left tackle is the most important position on the field other than QB, some say it's just as important after seeing David Carr, Tim Couch and dare I say Alex Smith bust at #1 without a good line. Alot of the draft pundits feel that J. Long will not be in the same class as Ogden, Pace, Boselli, Jones, Joe Thomas etc who were LT's drafted in the top 5 and gone on to have HOF type careers. However he was the best player available on the Fins board but if Ronnie Brown isn't recovered than missing out on Run DMC will hurt alot.

Reading Dolphins forums, they seem very confident he will play LT even though he is a natural RT.

On the RB situation, Ricky Williams is returning. Maybe with a decent off season he can become good?

The funniest thing about the Dolphins is that they have 5-6 Quarterbacks. They have got one or two in the undrafted free agent class to go with Chad Henne, John Beck, Josh McCown, Matt Baker. Parcells doesn't like Beck it seems.

The AFC East and AFC West might be the 2 toughest divisions I think next year. Kansas City did a fantastic job, the Raiders might be half decent, the Chargers are the Chargers and the Broncos are the Broncos.

the raiders wont do sh*t lol. we have a sweet backfield in russell, mcfadden & fargas, but no line to protect them. in college mcfadden went down easy as hell, whats he gonna do when nfl d-lineman are all up in his sh*t.

we have sweet dbacks in hall, asamougah, huff and wilson to stop any passing game cold, but teams wont have to pass when they see our run defense.

im the most optimistic person there is, hell i still thought the broncos (brisbane) were going to win the premiership going into that finals game against melbourne last year, but i can def see another sh*t season for the black and silver :(

Ron Jeremy

Coach
KC have done awesome in the draft! Miami also have done pretty well.

Buffalo? meh, our first 3 picks were very good, but why the f**k did we draft 3 f**king cornerbacks together with 2 free agent CB we have already brought prior, plus the 4 or 5 already on our books, f**king stupid, we desperatly needed a gun TE, we ended drafting a TE i think with our 5th pick and by all accounts he's f**king crap.

I'm glad we signed Steve Johnston with our 7th pick, he could really be a steal, good size, speed and awesome stats, good also to draft another RB Xavier Omon, looks very impressive with impecible stats,to go with Marshawn and Fred Jackson, we'll have a lethal runing game this year.

eastsrule

Bench
KC have done awesome in the draft! Miami also have done pretty well.

Buffalo? meh, our first 3 picks were very good, but why the f**k did we draft 3 f**king cornerbacks together with 2 free agent CB we have already brought prior, plus the 4 or 5 already on our books, f**king stupid, we desperatly needed a gun TE, we ended drafting a TE i think with our 5th pick and by all accounts he's f**king crap.

I'm glad we signed Steve Johnston with our 7th pick, he could really be a steal, good size, speed and awesome stats, good also to draft another RB Xavier Omon, looks very impressive with impecible stats,to go with Marshawn and Fred Jackson, we'll have a lethal runing game this year.

You can never have too many CBs this part of the season. You can have a roster up to 80 for training mini camp. CBs can serve as Nickelbacks or on special teams as well.

On the TE thing, Bills needed a WR before anything. They got a very decent one in Hardy it seems and a good DE in chris ellis.

The TE class was dog sh*t. The one that the Jets got is supposed to be just average so the Bills probably didn't feel it would be worth it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You can never have too many CBs this part of the season. You can have a roster up to 80 for training mini camp. CBs can serve as Nickelbacks or on special teams as well.

On the TE thing, Bills needed a WR before anything. They got a very decent one in Hardy it seems and a good DE in chris ellis.

The TE class was dog sh*t. The one that the Jets got is supposed to be just average so the Bills probably didn't feel it would be worth it.

I agree that you can never have too many, however i still think we could've landed a back up offensive lines man or a better TE then the one we got, i mean the bloke was rated 19th best TE in the draft, we could've gone higher.

Yes we lacked significant size last year in our recievers, Hardy provides that at 6-5, i'm really pumped about this guy and he will compliment our side very well. Johnston the other WR pick looks like a steal as well, alot of rapts on him, and he too is 6'3, so we have size now.

Latest posts