What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official QLD side for game 1

salivor

First Grade
No what you said is: "well that’s tough bananas for Lockyer, that’s what he gets paid mega bucks for." in reply to my comments about Lockyer hating kicking. If you want to twist around to meaning something else afterwards thats fine.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
bronco said:
No what you said is: "well that’s tough bananas for Lockyer, that’s what he gets paid mega bucks for." in reply to my comments about Lockyer hating kicking. If you want to twist around to meaning something else afterwards thats fine.
well if your that desperate to prove a point, then fine! I didn’t mean it that way.

Could you be any more bias?
:lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Where is Danny Nutley? He's been Cronulla's best forward the past two years and is a real workhorse. Lead the NRL last year in Metres gained, hitups and tackles. He'd easily outplay Gee.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Tamazoid said:
Where is Danny Nutley? He's been Cronulla's best forward the past two years and is a real workhorse. Lead the NRL last year in Metres gained, hitups and tackles. He'd easily outplay Gee.
I suppose they are counting on Gee to fire up for the occasion

Mystery Man

Juniors
What a f**king disgrace.

State of origin is my favourite sporting event and always has been. Nobody hates a person in a blue jersey on origin night as much as me, but for the first time in my life a part of me hopes that the Maroons get beaten just to stick it up that arrogant, egotistical wanker, Wayne Bennett. He may be a good coach, but he is a dickhead.

The hypocrisy of the man is incredible. When asked about Wesser and Schifcoske playing on the wings, he responds that he'd rather have wingers on the wing than fullbacks. He then turns around and picks an inferior fullback in O'Davis.

What point is there in having Bowman on the bench? He's ordinary to start off with, and he offers no versatility and no strike power. What does Price have to do to get a starting spot? Play for the Broncos, that's what. The biggest disgrace is Gee. Sure, the guy's a top class thug, but unless you plan on having him polax Johns in the first five minutes, there are far better options. Beattie is a better player, and would have carried out the thug role just as well.

Then we get to the halves. Berrigan is a good little player, but we need someone with play-making skills. Who have we got? Bennett's son in law. Ikin is a good for nothing piece of shit and should have been killed at birth, but due to him underservedly holding his first-grade spot at the Broncos, despite stuff-up after stuff-up, week after week, the Maroons have little other choice. Still, I'd rather have Norton, or Thurston, or Walker, or bloody Gee than Ikin.

Other than that, the team is okay, but the sooner Bennett starts selecting players on merit, and not on the Gus Gould "he who puts out, gets in"philosophy, the better off Queensland will be.

kaon

Juniors
This years State of origin is really a match between the Broncos vs Roosters/Knights.

sydraider

First Grade
Hegarty over schif and wesser :evil: this is beyond a joke, it is good for the raiders cos all i can see is schif and ohara having blinders this week.
I thought bennet was a bigger man than this,guess he might have had a meeting with gus outside the rowers to determine which shithouse team would win.

Blade

Juniors
What on earth is happening up North?

Report: Newcastle’s Robbie O’Davis has been ruled out of the Queensland Origin squad less than an hour after being named for Origin I on June 11.

O’Davis, a shock inclusion at the expense of Clinton Schifcofske and Rhys Wesser, has a knee injury and will miss the match at Suncorp Stadium.

Selectors then pulled a further surprise by naming Shannon Hegerty as O’Davis’ replacement, leaving the side without a designated kicker. That role will fall to full-back Darren Lockyer.

Full Story

JoeD

First Grade
It is a joke that Schif can't make the team. I'd put him in full back and play Lockyer in the halves where he plays a lot for the Broncs anyway. The other unlucky player is Tooks. He is big, mobiile and puts in a lot of huge tackles for the warriors every week. Twice the player Gee is.

salivor

First Grade
Mystery Man we sort of agree on the halves. Ikin shouldn't be there. Too old, too slow. He no longer has a step that is going to full any defensive line. Hes got a long kicking game but overall it lacks any spark. Hes got a long pass on him but he really throws some shockers. The most disturbing thing is that hes now the first option kicker as opposed to Lockyer.

I think Berrigan deserves his spot there. Hes really come on in the last month, before that I wouldn't have even had him in the Broncos starting lineup. I think you mentioned the next best option in Thurston. If Schif was in the side I'd plonk him at 5/8, since hes not Walker is the next best option for his goal kicking abilities.

Joe I don't agree on Lockyer moving to 5/8. Yes he lives there on attack but I don't think he can handle the defensive workload up in the main defensive line. The last time he played there was against the Sharks and after 10 minutes he was absolutely buggered and had a poor game as a result. I certainly wouldn't put him there for origin and anyway, hes just about the best defensive fullback in the game so leave him there.]

As for Bennett being an egotistical wanker, well I'm starting to agree. He hasn't wanted Schifcofske and Wesser from day one. It wouldn't have mattered how well they played they were never going to get selected. Then when you add in his elitist approach to coaching where he barely talks at press conferences, doesn't turn up to pre season coaches meetings or origin launches it becomes hard to like the bloke after a while.

Latest posts