What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
Definitely a medal chance this time, we actually have some punch off the bench finally.

I'm pleasantly surprised by our "no-name" players.

You know what you get from Joe Ingles, Patty Mills, and - to a lesser extent - Matisse Thybulle.

But Jock Landale, and Nick Kay, have been really strong.

Thybulle keeps getting better, and better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm pleasantly surprised by our "no-name" players.

You know what you get from Joe Ingles, Patty Mills, and - to a lesser extent - Matisse Thybulle.

But Jock Landale, and Nick Kay, have been really strong.

Thybulle keeps getting better, and better.
Thybulle is a beast. Definitely our X factor player. Good to see Exum injury free he also gives us something different in attack and defence.

hybrideel

Bench
problem is, with the Yanks losing to France, they said we will possibly line up against them in the quarters.

Gronk

Staff member
Trying not to be an old fart, but these "street" skateboarders don't work very hard compared to the merkins who skate on half pipes etc. Also compare it to the effort put in by surfers.

Chipmunk

Coach
Pretty shit for the swimmers that they do heats of an evening, and then the finals 11/12 hours later so it’s prime time in the US. Usually it’s 24 hours, not surprising we’re seeing faster heat times than the finals

No, they normally do heats in the morning between 8 and 11, and then semi-finals/finals the same evening between 7 and 10. So now they're doing heats between 6 and 9 (Tokyo time) in the evening and then having a sleep and doing Finals between 11am and 1pm (Tokyo time) in the afternoon, so they're getting slightly more rest between heats and finals/semi finals.

I'm guessing they're doing faster heats because they're use to swimming faster at night in competition.

Noise

Coach
Is Kevin Durant the most overrated player of all time?
My favourite Kevin Durant story is when he set up a fake twitter account to defend himself when he signed with the Warriors.

strider

Post Whore
I thought the skateboarding might be interesting ... boring as batshit .... infact im gonna go watch some bats shit instead

84 Baby

Referee
Lol I kept thinking what Titmus’ coach reminded me of. Thanks ABC for pointing out the obvious

5Yv1Kg1.gif

strider

Post Whore
The poor little japanese usher lady was gonna have her hands full keeping him where he was meant to be ... but she was prepared to give it a good crack lol

Latest posts