What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

hybrideel

Bench
Is it just me or does Hadley try to make these races sound a lot closer than they are. He is calling like there is a fingernail between them when it's half a second

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I think a lot of other countries are starting to take swimming seriously, getting Aussie coaches or going to Australia or America to train. I think we have set too high an expectation on our swimmers where you compare us population wise with china and America

sure, but I just read an article stating that the Chinese female swam a quicker last 50 than the American bloke in the medley.

So, the dude that beat Phelps, the greatest male swimmer of all time, was slower over the last 50 than the Chinese chick?

Like I said, doesn't smell right.

Suitman

Post Whore
sure, but I just read an article stating that the Chinese female swam a quicker last 50 than the American bloke in the medley.

So, the dude that beat Phelps, the greatest male swimmer of all time, was slower over the last 50 than the Chinese chick?

Like I said, doesn't smell right.

Chinese never does.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
I think we need to be careful about who we accuse of using performance or build enhancing drugs.

libby_trickett.jpg

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fox's coverage is awesome, so much to choose from. Absolutely love the weightlifting. Just saw a 55kg Korean lift 168kg in the clean and jerk. Anyone who's done any regular gym work knows that is amazing.

This.

You've at least have the choice of what you want to watch, rather than have ch 9 show half of the swimming then switch to equestrian. Plus you dont have to be reminded 20,000 times that the Kerry Packer movie is on after the Olympics.

Gronk

Staff member
For the good of our Country I'm going to stop watching the OG. Whenever I watch anything involving AUS we seem to loose. Basketball, Hockey, Swimming etc.

Plus you dont have to be reminded 20,000 times that the Kerry Packer movie is on after the Olympics.

nine is shitting me to tears with flogging their shite shows in the middle of other programs i didnt need to see the voice i knew everything that was going on in it from watching the footy and a current affair :x

Gronk

Staff member
OK this is f**king with my head.

Gail Emms ‏@gailemms Ok on court 2 was WD china vs Korea. Both pairs TRYING to lose!!! This is why the group system DOESN'T work!!! Tactically play for a gd draw

Gail Emms ‏@gailemms It's happening AGAIN now! WD Indonesia v Korea BOTH trying to lose!!

Gail Emms
Olympic Silver Medallist, Ex-Badminton Player, Badminton Ambassador, Sports Presenter, and Sports Consultant.

#badminton
#shuttlecocks

Badminton racket: teams charged ... for allegedly trying to lose

bartman

Immortal
I couldn't work out how teams would get a better finals draw by losing... but there's more than one team per country. So the chinese and koreans were trying to avoid being drawn to play their country's other pairings until the grand final?

Looks like it's backfired if they're disqualified, and Australia now gets through into the final 8 (invoking the spirit of Bradbury)!

#gailemmswasprettyhotbackintheday

Latest posts