What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

84 Baby

Referee
Considering they were the 1.01 favs you’d hope they won.

My comment still stands they get the bulk of the funding was well as all the sponsors time and time again they never quite deliver. They were trying to tell us this was the greatest swim team we’ve ever sent. Time will tell.
Who else are they gonna give it to? Reckon we should throw money at track athletes? Unless it’s for importing runners from the Caribbean or East Africa, be a bit of waste.
Stick to whinging about Eels

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Who else are they gonna give it to? Reckon we should throw money at track athletes? Unless it’s for importing runners from the Caribbean or East Africa, be a bit of waste.
Equestrian, fencing and mincing have all had it tough for years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Heaps of other sports to throw money at, hockey and Cycling for starters. Rowing also brings us plenty of medals.

I may be biased but my friend and work mate is over there now and has had to put his business on hold and chase his dream with f**k all help from the government and he's not alone while the swimmers get pretty much the whole pie. He does it for the love of the sport he's at his 4th olympics and he gives plenty back to his sport in coaching juniors and helping out his local club.

84 Baby

Referee
Heaps of other sports to throw money at, hockey and Cycling for starters. Rowing also brings us plenty of medals.

I may be biased but my friend and work mate is over there now and has had to put his business on hold and chase his dream with f**k all help from the government and he's not alone while the swimmers get pretty much the whole pie. He does it for the love of the sport he's at his 4th olympics and he gives plenty back to his sport in coaching juniors and helping out his local club.
Giving money to the hockeyers would be like NRL helping out those Melbourne battlers. And the rowers can thank Ole Lay Down Sally for their lack of funding.
I’ll agree I’d love to see more funding for cyclists but that’s because I love the points race and madison events.
But in the end the people giving the money have a big say in which athletes it goes to. If it doesn’t go to the swimmers, it’s not like it’s just going to go to someone else

84 Baby

Referee

And if your mate was any good at mincing, perhaps he’d get more funding

Gronk

Staff member
I’m watching the “Olympic Channel” which has no ads, no commentary and just rolls through quick snippets of highlights. 👍

This Ukraine Judo girl won bronze, but when interviewed was sobbing saying that she wanted gold and bronze was meh. I was waiting for her to tell daddy that she wanted a new pony.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
wtf Ash Barty ?

she looked horrible

loved the women's 4X100, new world record

Chipmunk

Coach
I’m watching the “Olympic Channel” which has no ads, no commentary and just rolls through quick snippets of highlights. 👍

This Ukraine Judo girl won bronze, but when interviewed was sobbing saying that she wanted gold and bronze was meh. I was waiting for her to tell daddy that she wanted a new pony.

Where is this "Olympic Channel"?

Latest posts