What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

Gronk

Staff member
Talking about racism ….

Does anyone remember the 1998 Perth World Swimming Championship when everyone jaw dropped at the (steroid like physique ? of the) Chinese female swimmers ?

1627770774058.jpeg

Just saying …

1627771016355.jpeg

84 Baby

Referee
Talking about racism ….

Does anyone remember the 1998 Perth World Swimming Championship when everyone jaw dropped at the (steroid like physique ? of the) Chinese female swimmers ?

View attachment 51581

Just saying …

View attachment 51582
You used the wrong photo
images

Although obviously that’s a compression suit given the saggage under arms

Incorrect

Coach
Talking about racism ….

View attachment 51581

Just saying …

View attachment 51582
Not our go mate....

Eelementary

Post Whore
People think that the media have it in for him but this is why he isn't universally loved.

Amazing talent and work ethic to do what he is done. But an absolute f**kwit of a person.

Absolutely.

Which is why I respect Roger Federer way more.

Djokovic is probably a better player, but his behaviour leaves a lot to be desired...

Even Lleyton Hewitt - hated at first for his bratty behaviour - learned humility, and class.

Djokovic is a tool.

strider

Post Whore
Well he clearly has a bit of a temper .... but thats not unique .... alot of top spots people are highly strung

Is Gutho/Moses a prick of a human for calling their teammates a dumb f**kin merkin

I agree others are mostly better behaved, but i think all tennis stars have their moments. Federer was a prat before he became a star, so he gets some brownie points for reigning it in. Nadal was a bit of a merkin for a fair part of his career too

Avenger

Immortal
Well he clearly has a bit of a temper .... but thats not unique .... alot of top spots people are highly strung

Is Gutho/Moses a prick of a human for calling their teammates a dumb f**kin merkin

I agree others are mostly better behaved, but i think all tennis stars have their moments. Federer was a prat before he became a star, so he gets some brownie points for reigning it in. Nadal was a bit of a merkin for a fair part of his career too
Yes, he is. You just don't do that.

strider

Post Whore
Yes, he is. You just don't do that.
It doesnt make you a f**kwit of a human .... it makes you human. Alot of people fly off the edge occaisionally. What you do after and whether you recognise you did something dumb probably says more about who you are.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It doesnt make you a f**kwit of a human .... it makes you human. Alot of people fly off the edge occaisionally. What you do after and whether you recognise you did something dumb probably says more about who you are.
Thats true, but I think Novak's earlier comments about Simone Biles and "dealing with pressure" means that he will be labelled a hypocrite and a f**kwit.

Avenger

Immortal
Fair point, Strides.