What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ongoing saga of Benji Marshall

I dont think its up to News Ltd.

I think the biggest hurdle for international football is that we done have anyone controlling it.

The IRLF is the brand they throw on a meeting thats held every so often that last about 4 days at best and results in NOTHING happening.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Ask yourself why we dont have anyone controlling it & why the RLIF is so toothless.
It doesnt matter what kind of federation you set up, if it doesnt possess adequate & sustainable assets & capital there is a limited amount it can do.
The IRB has the Rugby World Cup, which alone plays a huge role in driving the development of that sport world wide, largely on the back of TV rights. IRL needs a product of similar influence.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
It's stating the obvious of course, but we're not going to get a good product with a 2nd string NZ team.

Probably. I'm looking more long-term, though, & with a tinge of optimism that includes a fit & available SBW & Benji Marshall.
Also, sport is unpredictable, so you never know, the Kiwis may be better this year than most of us expect.