What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only thing that irks me from yesterday is........

Frenzy.

Post Whore
How did the people/person/whoever/whatever that decides on the Churchill medalist come up with Darius Boyd?

Once again they manage to find the 6th or 7th best player to give a major award to. Jeremy Smith, Ben Hornby, Ben Creagh (who I detest), Neville Costigan, Nath Fien all had more to do with the win than Boyd but as I see it if Dean Young, busted as he obviously was, as smashed as he was getting by the Roosters mongs in the first half of the first half and still getting up on every play wasn't the man of the match in the GF then I've got no idea.

Maybe they only pick fullbacks for that one now. In memory of old Clive.

Boyd was good, no doubt, but he didn't have the most impact on the game which led to a win. In fact Pearce did well keeping Boyd right out of the game for the first half.

Anyway. What's a day without a whinge :lol:

Congrats again Stains.

AJH

Juniors
I thought Hornby had a great game and was my pick for the CCM. That catch on our goal line just before half-time showed he can step up when needed.

kordo

Bench
i see it as also partly in recognition of the amazing year he has had, and rightly so. anyway, that is the great thing about this team - anyone could have won it. a great team effort won the grand final this year.

kingcarney

Juniors
If there going to give it to Boyd, you might as well of given it to Nightingale.

In order I think it should of been Smith, Fien (i know he only had limited game time but geez), Young, Hornby, Nightingale.

And I think when you look at them theres no point even considering anyone else.

to_ddeath

Coach
For mine Nighty was clearly our best yesterday. Boyd probably 3rd or 4th best behind Smith & Young.
Plenty of other great efforts throughout our pack as well.
But the Flo was simply FIENOMENANAL, & was unlucky not to get possibly 4 tries....
Not complaining overall though, too happy for words....

T.

Quigs

Immortal
I was going to cast my vote for the Moruya Marauder.

He has a twin up here in the Park. Mongrel mate he is too, and I sold him the winning footy double.

It was a sh!t day all round for me.

You bastards.

Cheers
Quigs

TheRev

Coach
i see it as also partly in recognition of the amazing year he has had, and rightly so. anyway, that is the great thing about this team - anyone could have won it. a great team effort won the grand final this year.

Yep, I dont begrudge his medal, because of the great year he had, and he played solid/safe, but the heroes for me were Hornby, Nightingale & Smith, and only those 3.. they stepped up above the rest, and won us the game.

steela

Juniors
young, nightingale or hornby for sure.

hornby's catch was huge, we needed that diffused and he came up with a captains play by taking a ripper of a catch... just awesome.

RedVDave

First Grade
Jeremy Smith was my man of the match, however Darb's did deserve it, it is hard to pick one player because they all played very well there was potentially 6 players that could have won it and there would have been no argument: Boyd, Nightingale, Hornby, Young, Creagh and Smith.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I watched the game live on the box, and since then I have watched it 3 more times. I'm sticking with my first impression - Nightingale. We had no passengers. We owned then for 60 minutes.

Big Norm