What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only thing that irks me from yesterday is........

a_che

Juniors
I watched the game live on the box, and since then I have watched it 3 more times. I'm sticking with my first impression - Nightingale. We had no passengers. We owned then for 60 minutes.

Big Norm

The more I watch it on replay (just reached 3) the more I reckon Nightingale deserves the CC. He came infield plenty of times to make good metres and had some really strong one-on-one tackles on Linnett. I guess they probably thought the bomb he dropped and the try against him put a damper on his performance. Hornby was special too: a try-assist, some great runs, 2 great catches from the kickoff and a speckie from that bomb. I thought they should've made it a joint medal for Boyd and Nighty. But that's just me.

TheRev

Coach
In the first half, there were entire sets where just our backline were doing quick hit-ups, the forwards seemed to go missing, but end of the day, maybe the forwards conserved their energy for the 2nd half.

saintania

Juniors
I just watched the replay for the first time and thought Nightingale was our best, closely followed by Young.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Boyd was awesome. Did he do any errors? No. THen what's the problem.

Everytime he was involved he was great. You can't be critical of him that's for sure.
He set up a try, ran the ball from fullback strongly and got involved when he had to. What else could he do? He played the perfect game imo. Boyd also said that it could of gone to anyone and he was right. Anyone in the red V that is.

Nighty and Hornby were my next 2 choices. Smith was the pick of the forwards. Creagh had a great 2nd half but 1st half was pretty poor.

big pat

Coach
you know what irks me the most, bloody trolls trying to steal our thunder, with bullsh*t threads, they can all f**k off, why? because they have nothing, and if they need a reminder, look at the name on the trophy.

I thought Nightingale deserved it on the day, and having watched the replay 4 times now, I even more so think he deserved it. Was in everything and made a few great breaks in the 2nd half. Was unlucky to not have 3 or even 4 tries too.

(On the betting side of things, I put some down on Roosters HT / Dragons FT - that paid nicely! Also put something much earlier in the year on Dragons premiers and Webber for the Championship in the F1 - if that comes off I'll be laughing!)

How did the people/person/whoever/whatever that decides on the Churchill medalist come up with Darius Boyd?

Once again they manage to find the 6th or 7th best player to give a major award to. Jeremy Smith, Ben Hornby, Ben Creagh (who I detest), Neville Costigan, Nath Fien all had more to do with the win than Boyd but as I see it if Dean Young, busted as he obviously was, as smashed as he was getting by the Roosters mongs in the first half of the first half and still getting up on every play wasn't the man of the match in the GF then I've got no idea.

Maybe they only pick fullbacks for that one now. In memory of old Clive.

Boyd was good, no doubt, but he didn't have the most impact on the game which led to a win. In fact Pearce did well keeping Boyd right out of the game for the first half.

Anyway. What's a day without a whinge :lol:

Congrats again Stains.

Young followed by Smith..............both had AMAZING games.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
I was also all over Dean Young but had a sneaky on Darius just in case he had a blinder.

Sadly he didn't have a blinder and still cost me a much bigger payout!

Tweek

Juniors
Nighty and Hornby were my next 2 choices. Smith was the pick of the forwards. Creagh had a great 2nd half but 1st half was pretty poor.

Creagh had a great first half, made plenty of hard metres for us.

Only reason you could say he was poor was the 3 dropped balls, but when of them was dead set stripped. the other 2 were close to the line last minute passes. Hard to take and really not overly costly handing over possession in the position.

So i dont think the errors based on that should be used to describe poor half after all the positive things he did. After rewatching the game a few times he made lots of good runs for crap loads of metres. was our main go forward.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Creagh was also heavily marked in the first half. He took plenty for team.

Latest posts