What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Drivel Thread

Diesel

Referee
What did Packer get for that hit in the test match at Newcastle a few years back? Gallen should get at least double that

Rebel

First Grade
Lol anyone who thinks origin is the "pinnicle" is off their head.

That game just proved it.

TheDMC

Bench
What did Packer get for that hit in the test match at Newcastle a few years back? Gallen should get at least double that

It actually amuses me the double standards Aussies apply in RL while they genuinely think they are fair. I suspect its a cultural trait. Wish I had it.

Astounding that Gallen was not sent off. Unbelievable that the commentators didn't point that out. Incredible hypocrisy that they use a completely different interpretation of RL laws for Origin and not even be upfront that that is their intention. In fact they probably don't intend on having different rules but just end up doing it that way repeatedly and somehow lack awareness that they are doing it.

All in all, I enjoyed the game. Not least cause I love seeing Slater, Smith and Boyd on a sinking ship. Maloney looked right at home, very solid. Much maligned Pearce was good too. NSW forwards owned Qland, but Qland coming home strong bodes well for winner takes all game 3.

Another issue with mid season games is going to be Gallens suspension, he really should miss at least the next origin, if not the next two. But most likely he will miss Cronullas next two games and be available for game two.

Iafeta

Referee
How ordinary was that? Origin is losing its qualities big time. It was so slow. The ruck was so sleep worthy at one point the cameras had time to pan to Laurie Daley pacing up and down in the box before the ruck had cleared from a tackle. I don't know if it was a heavy Tracy but they all seemed to be running up and down on the same spot. I'm also calling it,mSlater is in Decline City. Despite their record, I deadest don't rate Melbourne and think they will slide down the table.

Mel Meningas lack of coaching ability was horribly exposed. Game plan was too simple. Even Bluey would have figured it out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I enjoyed the game, always enjoy more of a defensive game, some of the efforts in that area were huge

About time something was done about Myles, the next Australian camp with those 2 involved should be interesting :lol: No problem at all with some knuckle on the field, loved it, just like I loved Tilse v Watmough a couple of weeks back

I enjoyed the game, always enjoy more of a defensive game, some of the efforts in that area were huge

About time something was done about Myles, the next Australian camp with those 2 involved should be interesting :lol: No problem at all with some knuckle on the field, loved it, just like I loved Tilse v Watmough a couple of weeks back

The prob with the fight is that it wasn't a fight, it was Gallen throwing a combo to something he started with a swinging forearm, if Miles got up swinging and Gallen got his shots in then it is more like your Watmong vs Tilse two guys going at it.
I was shocked there wasn't more biff second half as it set up to allow it, Qld really was a shell of a team. The Thursdan gamble didn't pay off, they could of gone DCE and built for their future at least when they lost it could of been for a decent reason, but I guess the cash was what JT wanted as no baby bonus for him on his wage.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was worse than a club game because no-one did anything. Kind of like how football WC finals are usually crap as everyone is too scared to make a mistake.

Maloney made one run and otherwise was almost invisible and apparently he was one of the stars :crazy:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Maloneys kicking game was brilliant, he did more than I thought he was capable of.

Philip, the thing that shocked me the most was no QLD guys were willing to step up and help Myles out, doesn't normally happen

The main difference in the game for me was NSW selected an in form team and the majority of that QLD side has been out of form

Maloneys kicking game was brilliant, he did more than I thought he was capable of.

Philip, the thing that shocked me the most was no QLD guys were willing to step up and help Myles out, doesn't normally happen

The main difference in the game for me was NSW selected an in form team and the majority of that QLD side has been out of form

The loyalty that served them (qld) so well in the past will most probably bite them in the ass.

Blair

Coach
Astounding that Gallen was not sent off. Unbelievable that the commentators didn't point that out. Incredible hypocrisy that they use a completely different interpretation of RL laws for Origin and not even be upfront that that is their intention...

The Nine panel mentioned this, saying that if it was a club game Gallen would have been sent off.

Yet, the only thing to commentators said was 'Gallen might be in a bit of trouble here'. If he's stood down for a game or two it should be Origin but we know that won't happen.

Myles showed he's pretty tough though, that combination hardly rocked him at all. Maybe he was already dazed by the swinging arm?

Does Origin need to be a series? A one-off might be the way to go. Expecially if it becomes predictable like last night.

That crowd, 85,000 for a RL match outside the GF. Bums on seats are always a good measure of how something's going.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Maloneys kicking game was brilliant

Bit of a massive exaggeration for mine, but each to their own. He did exactly what I thought he was capable of i.e. make one good run, try to tackle, kick ok and provide nothing else on attack. Apparently when Jim Baloney does that stuff the crowd goes wild.

That crowd, 85,000 for a RL match outside the GF. Bums on seats are always a good measure of how something's going.

As an international supporter wouldn't it be great to see the same number for a Test match, sadly it could be a while, as Aussie doesn't quite realise that to get the players more $$$ the game needs to grow outside of the two states.

vvvrulz

Coach
Bit of a massive exaggeration for mine, but each to their own. He did exactly what I thought he was capable of i.e. make one good run, try to tackle, kick ok and provide nothing else on attack. Apparently when Jim Baloney does that stuff the crowd goes wild.

:lol: He gave us years of good service, is carving up at the Roosters, had a very good Origin game... and yet people still find a way to hate Maloney.

Blair

Coach
:lol: He gave us years of good service, is carving up at the Roosters, had a very good Origin game... and yet people still find a way to hate Maloney.

Critics are already pointing to that relatively easy conversion (or penalty?) that was missed.

He was bleeding in the first five minutes too but went on without flinching.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
As an international supporter wouldn't it be great to see the same number for a Test match, sadly it could be a while, as Aussie doesn't quite realise that to get the players more $$$ the game needs to grow outside of the two states.

Huh origin makes the code millions of dollars. Its a huge part of the tv deal. You guys are bitter as shit if you can't see how much origin benefits the game.

So the extra money from the increase in salary cap that even new zealand born nrl players now benefit from is thanks to in part (a big part) origin. So maybe you idiots could be grateful for the event that puts the food on the nrl table.

how many nrl events rate like origin ?

Latest posts