What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Parrallel Dimension- Eels Sub Forum

Haynzy

First Grade
what other bass is there?

a bass guitar is exactly the same in sound/pitch. It is just more portable.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haynzy said:
what other bass is there?

a bass guitar is exactly the same in sound/pitch. It is just more portable.

you must be new to the music industry #-o

we've got two electric bass guitars, one 4 and one 5 string, and none of them are double bass

even the legendary Les Claypool plays the more moderen version such an instrument

Haynzy

First Grade
Twizzle said:
you must be new to the music industry #-o

we've got two electric bass guitars, one 4 and one 5 string, and none of them are double bass

even the legendary Les Claypool plays the more moderen version such an instrument

but they, along with the double bass, are known generically as basses.

They all play in the same register, even 5 and 6 string double basses as rare as they are.

cello's are tuned higher than basses, both electric and upright (or double).
Therefore your comment to Suity was in error. The BASS is bigger than the cello. regardless of the size of its body. Bottom end = big, top end equals little.

:D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fruity said bass, not double bass, and no mention of a generic bass, anyway he's fruity so he doesn't count.

Let me refer you to Seas of Cheese live, by the truly excellent mister Les Claypool.

He plays both chello and bass.

The is chello > bass.

You cant really slap a double bass like a bass, so they suck anyway (excpet when Living End play double bass, cuz they are cool).

Haynzy

First Grade
Fruity said bass, not double bass

and he was referring to me and my little bro. it's common knowledge that I am a generic bass player who predominantly plays double bass.
just ask all of my 4 fans.

He plays both chello and bass.

and the cello, being tuned higher has the smaller sound.

You cant really slap a double bass like a bass, so they suck anyway (excpet when Living End play double bass, cuz they are cool).

tell that to lee rocker and other rockabilly bass players.
I refer you to the Brian Setzer live in japan dvd.
That dude outslaps victor wooton on a double bass.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hey, no one outslaps Victor Wooton

he can bitchslap a bass like no else I've ever seen

have you seen his video, how he explains to his audience on how he plays, I have it in windows media format if you'd like it, PM you email and I can send it to you.

he explains the concept of "open, hammer, pluck"

Junior

Juniors
Glad to see that I could be used to launch such an indepth conversation on the difference between basses and cellos. I personally prefer Drums.

Nickeel

Juniors
TheEelsFanatic said:
Ok, now what is this thing?, How come i cant see any posts in it?

You're not cool enough.

Sorry, I didn't wanna have to be the one to tell you.

Nick

Stagger eel

Staff member
don't worry about nicks comments, he's not aware that his membership is under review as we speek. ;-)

Latest posts