What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The penalty we should have had

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He commited adultery

I would've been hanged at a young age if i were born in those times lol

It was a stupid decision, players were all over one another all game.

nöyd

Staff member
eelavation said:
can someone atl;east explain to me what Hampstead's ruling was?? than I might understand why we didn't get a penalty.

I'm still not sure :lol:

Something about the guy who dropped it ended up in front of the ball AFTER it bounced backwards AFTER going forwards from his hands, thus playing the guy who picked the ball up onside.

I wrote that and am now dumber for it. Anyone else want to have a go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
scottyeel said:
I think he ruled that the ball was knocked back and whoever picked it up was behind where it was knocked back from.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

whoever picked it up, definitely didn't knock it on..

TheParraboy

Staff member
just saw it again on fox

definate offside play - title of thread stands

Gus Gould was spewing about it too, lol

nöyd

Staff member
How I believe Hampstead seen & called it.

Greenshields knocked on. The ball went FORWARD from his hands, then bounced BACKWARDS behind him.

Then someone ran from an offside position and picked up the ball. He wasn't called offside because Greenshields was IN FRONT of the ball at the time he picked it up, therefore putting that player ONSIDE in the ref's opinion.

All in all, just one big colossal f**k up by all involved. :D

scottyeel

Bench
Ok, I tried to explain what he was saying and that's the sort of crap he was coming out with, but in reality I have no idea.
I think you better have another go Noyd.:)

this is what sh*ts me about the involvement of the other officials/technology.

surely they could say " sean before you proceed with the next play you may want to rethink that decision you just made".

or if they want to be polite say " sean open your eyes you deadsh*t"

strider

Post Whore
I think hamstead was trying to say that the guy who dropped it forward then somehow managed to get back infront of the guy who eventually picked it up .... BUT since the guy who picked it up ran from 10 frickin metres away infront of the guy who dropped it, then those frickin dragons are some sort of contortionists - yeah the guy who picks it up ends up behind the one who dropped it cos he was running back ..... it was a shocking call .... absolutely appaulling - even if you were unsure, if you had a brain in your head you'd realise that it was basically impossible for him not to be offside

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
this is what sh*ts me about the involvement of the other officials/technology.

surely they could say " sean before you proceed with the next play you may want to rethink that decision you just made".

or if they want to be polite say " sean open your eyes you deadsh*t"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Absolute bloody disgrace!

Hats off to people for sticking their hand up and officiating but when blatant incompetance comes into it, fans, players and officials have the right to be p*ssed off!

Is the video referee going to voice his opinion all the time or not at all? That's what I want to know. On the occasions when he has given the ref a tip off that he may have got it wrong, you hear praise. Yet when we see a couple of replays and can clearly see something is wrong, yet the video ref is out the back of the box having a p*ss what does that say for this game? Disgraceful officiating. It's the same every week in all games.

There was a number of replays that clearly showed the Dragons player offside and it SHOULD have been a penalty. Yet nothing is said. How Hamstead and his touchies missed it anyway is a question that is answered with a pineapple.

Would a goal there have won Parra the game? Who knows, the whole thing changes. Fact is though, a piece of garbage officiating has cost them the chance to go 2-0 ahead and find out. And that is the frustrating part and what really has me p*ssed off. Don't give me bullsh*t about it evens itself up or had we played better the ref wouldn't have mattered etc. Fact is this Hampstead nob and his crew missed a dead set penalty and in such a tight arm wrestle that could have been the difference.

That game was that close that it was going to turn on the smallest thing. Was it the non penalty? We'll never know. But referees are paid to get the job done. Saturday we'll see 15-20 penatlies for laying around in the ruck like tonight, the inconsistancy is so bloody boring. And I go back to the video ref... Either use the prick or don't use him. He had ample time to give the call to the ref that he got it wrong, yet said nothing. At least fix the damn rule and let us know if the technology is going to be used or not. Because a video ref tipping the ref off once in while and not other times is not f**king good enough.

nöyd

Staff member
Macca_ said:
Absolute bloody disgrace!

Hats off to people for sticking their hand up and officiating but when blatant incompetance comes into it, fans, players and officials have the right to be p*ssed off!

Is the video referee going to voice his opinion all the time or not at all? That's what I want to know. On the occasions when he has given the ref a tip off that he may have got it wrong, you hear praise. Yet when we see a couple of replays and can clearly see something is wrong, yet the video ref is out the back of the box having a p*ss what does that say for this game? Disgraceful officiating. It's the same every week in all games.

There was a number of replays that clearly showed the Dragons player offside and it SHOULD have been a penalty. Yet nothing is said. How Hamstead and his touchies missed it anyway is a question that is answered with a pineapple.

Would a goal there have won Parra the game? Who knows, the whole thing changes. Fact is though, a piece of garbage officiating has cost them the chance to go 2-0 ahead and find out. And that is the frustrating part and what really has me p*ssed off. Don't give me bullsh*t about it evens itself up or had we played better the ref wouldn't have mattered etc. Fact is this Hampstead nob and his crew missed a dead set penalty and in such a tight arm wrestle that could have been the difference.

That game was that close that it was going to turn on the smallest thing. Was it the non penalty? We'll never know. But referees are paid to get the job done. Saturday we'll see 15-20 penatlies for laying around in the ruck like tonight, the inconsistancy is so bloody boring. And I go back to the video ref... Either use the prick or don't use him. He had ample time to give the call to the ref that he got it wrong, yet said nothing. At least fix the damn rule and let us know if the technology is going to be used or not. Because a video ref tipping the ref off once in while and not other times is not f**king good enough.

Game, set and match Macca_ :cool:

Macca_

Coach
Just on the bloke that was supposed to be reffing...

Did he blow his whistle after that ball was put in the scrum, then when everyone had stopped, call play on which wqas followed by the Dragons scoring the only try of the game?

Macca_ said:
Speaking of which, who's next up on centre court? I'm having a punt.

Hey that Jankovic chick (tennis) is a bit of a prawn.

Fine body that.

kbw

Bench
nöyd said:
:music1:

EDDIE!!! EDDIE!!! EDDIE!!!

Buck Dharma Buck Dharma !!!!!

Btw that was the worse display of refereeing I have ever seen.