What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The penalty we should have had

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the commentators were blowing up about it and trying to understand it as well, this sort of sh*t happens when things aren't going our way

James_Hardie

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Hampstead is pathetic!! an dit's not because we lost, the guy is f**king sh*t!!!

Tell these f**kheads that less penalties doesn't mean a better game!!!

If he gets the next State Of Origin, it will be another boring encounter with no intensity.

Macca_

Coach
I've calmed down a bit from my above spary :lol:

Still pathetic though.

Why of why do we have to have such inconsistancy with so many parts of the game. The video ref tipping the ref off here and there is just 1 of many!

Frustrating stuff.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Macca_ said:
Absolute bloody disgrace!

Hats off to people for sticking their hand up and officiating but when blatant incompetance comes into it, fans, players and officials have the right to be p*ssed off!

Is the video referee going to voice his opinion all the time or not at all? That's what I want to know. On the occasions when he has given the ref a tip off that he may have got it wrong, you hear praise. Yet when we see a couple of replays and can clearly see something is wrong, yet the video ref is out the back of the box having a p*ss what does that say for this game? Disgraceful officiating. It's the same every week in all games.

There was a number of replays that clearly showed the Dragons player offside and it SHOULD have been a penalty. Yet nothing is said. How Hamstead and his touchies missed it anyway is a question that is answered with a pineapple.

Would a goal there have won Parra the game? Who knows, the whole thing changes. Fact is though, a piece of garbage officiating has cost them the chance to go 2-0 ahead and find out. And that is the frustrating part and what really has me p*ssed off. Don't give me bullsh*t about it evens itself up or had we played better the ref wouldn't have mattered etc. Fact is this Hampstead nob and his crew missed a dead set penalty and in such a tight arm wrestle that could have been the difference.

That game was that close that it was going to turn on the smallest thing. Was it the non penalty? We'll never know. But referees are paid to get the job done. Saturday we'll see 15-20 penatlies for laying around in the ruck like tonight, the inconsistancy is so bloody boring. And I go back to the video ref... Either use the prick or don't use him. He had ample time to give the call to the ref that he got it wrong, yet said nothing. At least fix the damn rule and let us know if the technology is going to be used or not. Because a video ref tipping the ref off once in while and not other times is not f**king good enough.

:oops:

Im putting my bank balance and my unit on Plagiarize FC beating the Scorpions regardless of who is ref :lol:

spiderdan

Bench
the ruling on the play was that the ball was knocked on then picked up behind the player that knocked it on.

i am confused how he got this ruling. unless the dragons changed the direction they were running from when the ball was dropped to when the whistle was blown then there is no way i can see how he got his ruling.

other calls to $hit me:

the no call on a massive dragons forward pass.

the obstruction call that hamstead somehow missed until the touchie tipped him.

calling time back on after the ball came out of the scrum not before it went in like he was supposed to.

the high shot on delaney. granted brett has a jaw bigger than popeye's but the shot was still high.

there were many others but i'd be here all day.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Eric Grothe Jr gounding the ball in goal only to then get up and make it into the field of play. Once the ball is grounded in goal it is grounded.

I guess when you are so used to Parramander last year anything is going to seem biased against you ...

You didnt score a try in the whole game - you didnt deserve to win.

time to think about next year - though with Michael Hagan as coach you may as well start thinking about 2008 now ...

Delboy

First Grade
Rufus, go look in the rule book, the ball is not grounded if no one is tackling you whilst in the in goal. The play was legal, the ref stuffed up badly in other areas which impacted heavily in a low scoring game, eally the Dragons only scored because the idiot Bean mucked upo an other call when under peessure, we have seen what he's lkike for 2 weeks in a row , nurse nurse.

I would rather be in Parra's position with Hagan , than the Knights with the other bloke. We had to endure his buddy, Reddy, now they may have to endure a bit of nepotism

RufusRex

Post Whore
actually the rule states that a goal line drop out will be the result if a defending player touches down in the in goal area ie forces the ball .. says nothing about it being whilst tackled or not .. Also once player is tackled and the ball touches the ground either on the line or ingoal its a drop out .. the player can not fight to get the ball into the field of play .. its like a double movement at the other end ... this rule does not get policed as it seems ok to do anything from force the ball accidentally to take the voluntary tackle to get out of the in goal.

regarless .. you didnt score a try .. you didnt deserve to win.

pazzaeel

Juniors
bit of a grey area this one. whats that?a grey area in the nrl rule book - unheard of!

maybe its only grounded when u are actually trying to ground it, eric sort of slid to get it - probably applying pressure when he did so, but i doubt he was actually trying to ground it.

V1er

Juniors
RufusRex said:

but had we been awarded the penalty then the score could have ended up at 2 all at that final scrum and im sure parra wouldnt have done what they did.

TheParraboy

Staff member
RufusRex said:
Eric Grothe Jr gounding the ball in goal only to then get up and make it into the field of play. Once the ball is grounded in goal it is grounded.

I guess when you are so used to Parramander last year anything is going to seem biased against you ...

time to think about next year - though with Michael Hagan as coach you may as well start thinking about 2008 now ...

Is that the best you got? Is that it? omfg :lol: :lol:

Id be happy to give you a drop out for that, no problems at all
Will you be happy to do likewise with all the hampstead stuffups?

your the biggest sore winner ive seen for a long long time

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RufusRex said:
actually the rule states that a goal line drop out will be the result if a defending player touches down in the in goal area ie forces the ball .. says nothing about it being whilst tackled or not .. Also once player is tackled and the ball touches the ground either on the line or ingoal its a drop out .. the player can not fight to get the ball into the field of play .. its like a double movement at the other end ... this rule does not get policed as it seems ok to do anything from force the ball accidentally to take the voluntary tackle to get out of the in goal.

the same could be said for you guys, you were handed a try on a plate, you clearly didn't deserve it

scottyeel

Bench
RufusRex said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe you should just start worrying about when Browns gone. At least Hagan has won a premiership.

Macca_

Coach
Any see the Broncos vs Warriors game earlier?

Was a very similar one missed again.

A player knocked it on, and a team mate standing ahead of him dived on it. He wasn't as far offside as the one on Friday night, but offside none the less.

At least Hayne was consistant with Hampstead I suppose.

F**king clowns they are!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Macca_ said:
Any see the Broncos vs Warriors game earlier?

Was a very similar one missed again.

A player knocked it on, and a team mate standing ahead of him dived on it. He wasn't as far offside as the one on Friday night, but offside none the less.

At least Hayne was consistant with Hampstead I suppose.

F**king clowns they are!

saw that

and the sea eagles allowed double movement try allowed by video ref Hamstead, where ALL the commentators said it was no try. It looked so blatant (double movement)

Mr Bean is on fire this week

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
on fire, is one way to describe him

very imcompitent, is also another one

the level of refs in general is pretty low atm, when most people's argument is "who are you gonna replace him with?"

Hindyscrack

Bench
What I want to know is why the Hell Morris kicked the ball dead on the second tackle without letting his backs know he was going to kick?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hindyscrack said:
What I want to know is why the Hell Morris kicked the ball dead on the second tackle without letting his backs know he was going to kick?

brain explosion? ](*,)

dumb dumb footy, triple dumb in those sort of conditions